ready to root

Last Updated:

1. grnrm720

grnrm720 Member This Topic's Starter

I've bine ready about how to root my eris for the last 2 weeks and i think im almost ready.I just have afew things i would like to ask before i start.it seems like there are afew people having trouble installing the amon's recovery image once i install the PB00IMG.zip an i cant get a recovery image to work can i still use my phone with just the PB000img.zip and would still have the features of 2.1.Sorry im totaly new to all this i wont be happy un;ess i root.lol thanks

Is there differnt pbooimg.zip or is there just this one.oh im using the 2.1 sticky guide from here.

Advertisement
  2. jsarn1

jsarn1 New Member

Why not just use the automated root script? Should avoid any installation problems...

3. MJL

MJL Well-Known Member

4. grnrm720

can i still flash other roms

5. Murphy

Murphy Well-Known Member

Yes, that application posted in the link right above has ROMs that come with it and gives you a nice user interface to root, install recovery, and flash roms.

6. grnrm720

ok i went to the web site xda developers and i installed the microsoft 4 on my xp.and i downloaded. Link to download of full installer of EMA application as well as the link to updated versions. i unzipped that and there were to folders one said ema_files and the othere said eris_master_app_by_eclipse3 where do i put thos folders.

7. cornbreadfarts

cornbreadfarts Well-Known Member

Check the q&a and the tutorial threads. I am rooting tonight and been reading those all week. Your answer will be in one of em.