1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

'REAL' internal storageGeneral

1. WC Jerome

WC Jerome Well-Known Member

For anybody that owns or has messed with this HTC device a little, I would really like to know the ACTUAL amount of internal storage that is available to the user and shown when viewed in the 'Settings->Storage' section.

As much as I am really satisfied with my VM HTC Evo V 4G (that only has a total 1.1 gigs available to me), I am already running of space for my apps (yes, I have put all the apps that I can on my SD card and NO, I don't want to root my phone).

Basically, I'm trying to decide between the 'SV' on Boost and 'Victory' & the 'GS II' on Virgin. :confused:

Advertisement
    :
  2. shinru2004

shinru2004 Well-Known Member Developer

4gb internal sd is what mine says
    LilBit likes this.
  3. WC Jerome

Really?! I heard that it had, at least, 5.3 gigs. Have you already used up some space? I wanna know what the total amount is available BEFORE any apps are installed on there. I don't know if you use 'App2SD' (now known as 'AppMgr III') or not, but I always use that to get an accurate account of how much app space is actually available.
  4. LilBit

LilBit Well-Known Member Contributor

Supposed to be 8 GB according to this.

HTC One SV
  5. WC Jerome

Yeah, but that's only what is advertised. After you get past all the bloatware that's on it, I heard that it's only 5.3 gigs that is available to the user. What I'm trying to find out is how much space is available for just apps.

For example, the Samsung Galaxy S2 has a 16 gig internal storage (11.49 available to the user), but you can only store 2 gigs (1.97, to be exact) worth of apps on it.
  6. Just picked up the SV two days ago (Boost version). A little different than expected. Settings menu>storage: shows Internal Storage, Phone Storage, and Storage Card (if you put in an SD card.)

Internal storage dedicated to apps only, 1.1GB available. Old ZTE Warp had twice that.
    Phone Storage says Total 4.15GB available. Guessing its 5GB total.
    Not sure how internal is different from phone storage.

If anyone know how to tap into the 4.15 GB for apps, I'd like to know!
    WC Jerome likes this.
  7. Rally 517

Rally 517 Well-Known Member

Just partitionyour card and use link2sd like me
  8. Guspeed

Guspeed Well-Known Member

Or, go to settings/apps/downloaded, sort them by size and then tap and select "move to phone storage"
    This way the app will be in the 4gig partition, which I think will be processed faster than the sd-card partition IMHO
  9. WC Jerome

Yeah, but that's only for folks that like to root their phone, unlike me.
  10. Rally 517

Rally 517 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear wc
  11. WC Jerome

That is really depressing to read. The only thing that I loved about the 'Warp' was the app space. :(