• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

REAL POLL: How many hours of battery life do you get from 100% to dead

How many hours of battery life do you get from 100% to DEAD?

• < 5...OUCH!

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • 5-7

Votes: 13 9.4%
  • 7-9

Votes: 21 15.1%
  • 10-12

Votes: 17 12.2%
  • 12-14

Votes: 19 13.7%
  • 15-17

Votes: 23 16.5%
  • 17-19

Votes: 9 6.5%
  • > 19...I got no problems!

Votes: 30 21.6%
  • I used an aftermarket EXTENDED BATTERY from the beginning, forget the stock 1300mah battery!

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
This is the first electronic device I have ever owner that takes longer to charge the battery than use it.

I can use it for 15 minutes and lose 10% yet it takes another 20+ minutes to get it back to 100%.

Just got my Seidio 1750 in today so lets see how that goes.

Upvote 0
There is a bug with awake time... I've been posting this is most battery threads I enter.

If you put your phone into airplane mode and take it out of it, the phone will start to sleep. Once I did that it took it from the abysmal 15 hours or so to what looks like it will be around 2-3 days.

Also, if the airplane mode doesn't allow it to sleep, you can kill a task using a task killer. (I suggest staying away from ATK because it doesn't properly kill itself - or it relauches itself). You have to go in and kill one app that launches on startup, like dialer or FM Radio, or footprints or something like that. And then the phone sleeps. Weird, I know... haven't shut down an app since doing that either.

Upvote 0
I run a computer repair business (on the side) and i work full time...
yesterday was a good enough sign for me that, the battery is not an issue.
i took the phone off yesterday at 6am, jogged using my gps app, listen to some streaming podcast on my way to work, was working on rooting my co-workers htc hero so i downloaded about 200mb worth of data, didnt put it on the charger at all (except to transfer to two files i downloaded, i connected through usb) by noon i was at half, a lil less. went home after work and listened to a podcast (spycast) til about 6pm. surfed the net, occasionally throughout the evening and downloaded a few songs on imusic tao. by 10:30 i was in the red.
also i took about 30mins worth of calls and have my emails syncing.
i use the power management widget to control my wifi bt and gps, which i keep all of them off. i turned off enable always on mobile and i use advanced task manager. i come from an htc eris.
my battery life is excellent! :)

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure i just have a defective battery. I've cycled the battery 3x. I unplug between 5:30 and 6am. Leaving bluetooth gps and WiFi off; check email or text about 4 times for < 5 min each time while working; and it will die around noon.

Can't wait for my 1750 battery to get here.

Upvote 0
second full day with phone. much shorter battery life today. but that was because i had GPS on the entire time. i don't need GPS most of the time as i live in the city and take mass transit just about everywhere. i turned it on today to see just how much it would drain the battery. yesterday i got about 12 hours. today i got about 6. so turn off GPS when you don't need it.

that said, i've always been about extended batteries and will get either the 2150 or Seidio 3500. i'm not getting bad battery life, i would just rather know that i can charge overnight and be set.

Upvote 0
I don't know why but I get much better battery life out of my Incredible than I ever did out of my Eris. I always have wifi and blue tooth running. I can easily get well over a day out of the battery.

True I was so worried about the battery life coming from the Eris, I rarely made it through the day, I Fiqured it would be worse considering same battery , bigger processor and screen etc...

Absolutly thrilled about battery life

Upvote 0
True I was so worried about the battery life coming from the Eris, I rarely made it through the day, I Fiqured it would be worse considering same battery , bigger processor and screen etc...

Absolutly thrilled about battery life

With those words I feel like I got a dud for a battery, I havent made it past 12hours with light usage

Upvote 0
With those words I feel like I got a dud for a battery, I havent made it past 12hours with light usage

I'm carefull with my settings, I have always mobile tuned off. I use WiFi instead of 3g when avaialble, I have my screen brightness set to auto. GPS only on when needed, and I dont' use bluetooth so it's always off

But I also didn't want to get rid of the fun stuff, I have a SportsTap widget updating every 30minutes or favorite team score. WEather widget updating every 2hrs, email push , I use live wallpaper , music player alot and some Slacker/Pandora radio. I also have my facebook set to update every 2hrs.

I honestly think the biggest battery killer is 3g if I leave it on all day and don't conect to WiFi instead I'll probably only get 12hrs of life.

Upvote 0
I'm beginning to think I got lucky.

I regularly get 30+ hrs.

It takes the battery awhile to die completely. Went to bed the other night with about 12% remaining, wake up 8 hours later with 11% remaining. This is with 3g, wifi, and bluetooth all off.

I let it go completely dead, recharge it to 100%, immediately remove. Go with wifi when available, rarely go 3g, unless I'm checking my email. I don't need a constant push/pull. It is set to never vibrate. No live wallpaper. Brightness set about halfway. GPS is off unless needed(with all the available widgets, it's a breeze to activate/deactivate all features). I run no widgets that are resource hogs. Those that I run include messages, power, youtube, pandora, music, weather, and google search. No task killer for me.

So that's what works for me. Ya, I know, why get the phone and turn all that off? Because it's easy to turn on what you need, and I like my 'long' battery life. And, yes, it does get heavy usage. I turned off MW2 last night @ 11:30 to hit the sack, opened up the Market, and was in bed at 1:30... couldn't put the damn thing down.

"OH, a flashlight app, gotta try that...."

"OH, ipconfig app. I could use that..."

and on and on and on

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones