Real quick on the H+ Logo.. it doesn't mean you are in 4G

1. Yaken

Yaken Well-Known Member

The towers have been updated for hspa+ but even if there is no backhaul you still still get a H+. Doesn't mean you are getting 4G speeds though, it just means that your cell tower has been upgraded for HSPA+ but there is no fiber running to the tower.

So don't fret if your data speeds are at 3G levels. You are probably just getting 3g data :)

Advertisement
    :
  2. So once the backhaul is released it will start right?
  3. Yaken

Yaken Well-Known Member

yeah. You don't need to do a thing. But they need to replace the copper with fiber for faster data
  4. I was asking rhetorically because everyone on here is tripping out. Even though there is no backhaul till after march first.
  5. Yaken

Yaken Well-Known Member

Yeah :p Figured I'd just post this so people know whats up.
    One a side note still pulling almost 3mbps down on 3g. no complaints here
  6. Blanco720

Blanco720 Well-Known Member

I'm using a phone with WiFi for the first time ever. This thing is impossibly fast. Seriously, go get a bbq 9700 and play with it for.an hour just so you can see what a beast this thing is, even without true h+!
  7. kb58

kb58 Well-Known Member

"Wifi" and "H+whatever" have nothing to do with each other - they're completely different frequencies. Wifi goes direct to a cable modem nearby, which bypasses the entire phone network and cell towers and is why it's so much faster.
  8. Yaken

Yaken Well-Known Member

yup, i actually have a 9700 :)
  9. Bosco3

Bosco3 Member

I'm getting the H+ logo when I'm using my 3g microcell...
  10. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

So what does the checkmark under the H+ mean when you're connected to wifi?
  11. you beat ne too it i was just gonna ask this lol
  12. Allenfx

Allenfx Well-Known Member

At&t sales rep confirmed 4g NOT working in my area yet although it shows as hdpa+
  13. Blanco720

I understand that.
  14. Shad0w26

Shad0w26 New Member

15. Blanco720

Thats the worst coverage map I have ever seen. (in terms of functionality, not actual coverage)
  16. map worked on chrome for me and at the bottom of the page it says it wont be available till Marc 31st