• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Real talk: I'm going to return my Evo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly OP, I was trying to help you out in the beginning but not once have you stated your battery status and what the up time and awake time is.

I'm starting to think you really are just a troll.

Like I said before, I tried to help you out before. But after reading all your posts and all your smartas* comments, I really think you should just return the phone. Its the best thing for everyone involved. And the comment you made when you said you are paying less with ATT.....umm...are you on crack cocaine???

I think you need to stick to your iPhone and be nothing but a sheep.

Upvote 0
He may very well have been paying less on AT&T. Coming from a 3G (not the 3GS) my bill was around $84 a month. My Sprint bill will likely be over $100 when all is said and done, for the same number of minutes. Now, I'll have texts included where I didn't with AT&T, but I hate texting and refuse to do so, so I'm kind of being forced to pay for a feature I don't want or need.

As for the iPhone comments, I'm getting a little tired of people attacking anyone that mentions the iPhone in a less than vicious tone. The fact is the iPhone is a perfectly decent piece of hardware. And so far AT&T's network has vastly outperformed Sprint's where I live.

It just so happens that I prefer my Evo and Android in general over the iPhone, but I'd ditch Sprint and go back to AT&T with the Evo in a heartbeat if I could.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately for me I'll probably be returning my Evo when the new iPhone comes out as well. Hear me out.

The 4G radio on my phone appears to not work at all. The reps at the Sprint store here in Houston couldn't even get it to obtain an IP, so I've been without 4G since I picked it up. I'll be picking up a replacement phone from Best Buy later this afternoon if the shipment has indeed come in as they expected it to.

Here's the thing though: My cellular, 3G and wifi performance are all horrible as well, and I'm pretty sure they use completely different hardware inside the phone as the 4G. So I don't think the replacement phone will do me any good in that regard.

At home and at work my wifi signal is extremely weak on the phone, whereas every other device in the house and office get great signals. 3G is unusably slow here in Houston, often capping out at less than 300kbps (sometimes under 100). I receive zero to one bars of cellular signal inside my apartment, whereas other people on other Sprint phones in the same complex get great signals. My previous iPhone received an excellent signal in the same places as well for comparison.

As much as I love the phone itself and absolutely adore Android (especially coming from the iPhone OS, which I loathe) I just can't keep it with such horrible service. I don't know if it's Sprint's network or if I have a lemon of a phone. But it sounds like other people are having problems with weak signals as well where they didn't on another device. Perhaps it's a shortcoming of the Evo's hardware, I don't know. I just know that I can't use it.

Bummer, I had similar issues with my Incredible, it was barely faster than 2G. My EVO has great 3G coverage. Iphone 4 looks great, enjoy.

Upvote 0
Honestly OP, I was trying to help you out in the beginning but not once have you stated your battery status and what the up time and awake time is.

I'm starting to think you really are just a troll.

Like I said before, I tried to help you out before. But after reading all your posts and all your smartas* comments, I really think you should just return the phone. Its the best thing for everyone involved. And the comment you made when you said you are paying less with ATT.....umm...are you on crack cocaine???

I think you need to stick to your iPhone and be nothing but a sheep.
Did you even read?

FAMILY PLAN

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones