• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Real Time TV FREE. Looks Great on HERO!!

Does anybody else have the video player come up and say "Sorry, this video cannot be played"? Am I missing something? This works on a Palm Pre without a problem but, my Hero has done this consistently since I heard about this site a few days ago.

Try the mobile nbc site that technology is different and works more like the YouTube encoding. Report back.

Upvote 0
Thanks for this link and information! I set this up on a clients Hero today and watched jaws drop from the surrounding office. The medium resolution is great. The lower resolution is OK but seems mottled to me. Sound is slightly off, but more than viewable for news related items. The ipod users in the room immediately started scrambling to find an equivalent. :rolleyes:

Jack

Upvote 0
Is not Direct TV for free nor All cable channels but they come in good . especially now for Football Season.
Most of the Time i am stuck at work (Sprint) and i cant make it home on time to watch my NFL games or even this past week the yankee Game. =]
Well no i use this website i found at phonearena and i didnt think it was going to work but it really does. and its Great

All you have to do is go to http://http://vuivision.com/

and enter an email.( havent received any spam) and Thats it.. You get CBS, FOX, NBC, ABC.. ( there is a 16 second Delay) but it works)

SO IF you are bored at work and want to watch some tv and you cant well here is an option.

P.S my battery was still standing after watching a whole Steelers vs Vikings Game,

This site now makes you pay for it.

Upvote 0
Was trying to use it, but it says it couldn't play in my Hero. Did you try it and did it work?

I installed tv.com on my Hero last night and it works perfectly. Very good quality actually. Looks like you're watching tv, and there is no pixelation. Much better than the SprintTV app. Which makes you wonder why Sprint never has gotten SprintTV to perform better, even though it's been available for at least 2 years (maybe more). There is always pixelation and lag with SprintTV, so much so that I just gave up trying to use it on my Instinct (or my Hero now). That tells me that either Sprint doesn't have the technical know how to fix it, or they never put in the proper effort to do it. Whichever the case, that isn't a good thing. Maybe Sprint should partner with the tv.com folks and push the SprintTV channel lineup over the tv.com technology.

Upvote 0
I have great luck with Orb. I can watch the same 300+ channels from my cable TV, pretty good with 3G, and can see all my multimedia on my home PC. I have a simple analog TV card on my XP Media Center machine with a digital to analog converter box. I use the IR receiver that came with my card to change channels. Orb has a good TV guide which is pinch-zoomable. Use the "Mobile" skin in Orb and it's formatted perfectly for my Hero. Took me about an hour to set up including the IR receiver. Worked great the first time with little or no fiddling with settings. Some stuttering and video/audio syncing problems occasionally, but damn, along with DroidLive, I could live in my car when the wife finally gets tired of it all.

GrunG
Sprint HTC Hero

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones