Realistic view on the HTC EVO 4G

Last Updated:

1. mjz773

mjz773 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This phone is a beast, but In terms of speculation pricing, and release dates nothing is official until we hear it from Sprint.

Sprint hopefully will keep us updated on the release, because many, many people will buy this phone.

I believe they will release it before July/Hopefully June.

This is both realistic and smart because the next generation iPhone will most likely come out in early July or late June, so if sprint wants to pull customers from AT&T before their customers sign another contract, and they lose customers to Apple.

That being said this phone by far is the most impressive spec'd phone out their.
    Hopefully more and more people will buy android and more and more apps/games will come to the market.

In terms of the HD2 and I used it today, and It sucks. If you are thinking about getting it stay away.
    In terms of screen size it is awesome, the EVO 4G is gonna look sleek and the screen is fantastic. The resolution and colors were extremely crisp and clear.

The Hardware on the Device and form factor is pretty similar aside from 4G and Camera and video quality. This phone is slightly bigger than the iPhone, but the screen is much bigger. The screen makes the phone look gigantic, but it really will fit into your pockets comfortably if you are an iPhone, droid, or nexus user. It is very thin

The HD2's keyboard is similar to the EVO 4G's and this thing is huge. It will be a breeze to type on and with the auto correct, I can see very accurate typing coming out of this phone.

Windows Mobile can have a 3 Ghz processor in it and still suck ass.
    This phone was not as laggy as your usual WM device because of the snapdragon. But it is very, very clunky. HTC did a great job hiding WM, but the whole look of the OS is just outdated and not easy to use. Android is gonna look really nice on this thing, and is gonna be better with sense.

That being said the EVO is gonna kill with android on it, and if you want to get a look/feel of what its gonna look like check out the HD2.

Below is a pic of the Sprint hero next to the HD2

Advertisement
  2. mjz773

mjz773 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

photo

Attached Files:

Liberation likes this.
  3. subzero123

subzero123 Well-Known Member

Im on a 3 year old iphone, and im a true gadget geek. I honestly dont even care how much this thing is (unless its over 400-500 subsidized, which it wont be). I would drop 300 this minute. I believe its well worth it. I also agree 100% that I hope all these new android devices open the market up and allow for better and bigger app development. That is the only downside I see when I sell my iphone for the Evo 4G in a few months

4. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

Sheesh, The HD2 screen as as big as the Hero itself.

I seriously need to go to the dark side (T-Mobile) and check out their HD2 to see how it feels in my hand. But I don't want to make a scene. You know, the typical grown man crying over a phone, realizing how much he's gonna love his EVO 4G when it comes out scene. lol

TS out (getting tissues)

Covert_Death likes this.
  5. mi_canuck

mi_canuck Well-Known Member

well if the EVO 4G is anything like the Desire Sense UI ROM I've installed on my Nexus today, it will be a true pleasure to use... and with rooting, it will be unstoppable!

There was always negative talk about Sense (I dunno if it all related more to the 1.6 version of Sense), but I can say after first hand usage on my Nexus, that the Desire ROM with Sense is a pleasure to use... granted the ROM i'm using has a few add-ons and actually has some stock Nexus UI feature put back in, but overall, I was quite impressed with the Sense 2.1 UI.... it will be awesome on the EVO 4G!

6. Eguy

Eguy Well-Known Member

I am actually a little disappointed they didn't use the Sense from the HD2. I prefer it to the Android version. I am still very excited though and will get it at launch.

7. subzero123

I agree 100%. Ive been saying this ever since I saw the HD2 sense. I personally think it is by far the best UI out there. I love its sharp edges, picture scrolling, slide bar at the bottom for quick links, 3 huge buttons on the front, etc. I wish there were a way to have it on the Evo 4G

8. subzero123

Is there any chance of ever having a theme on android that mimics the HD2 sense? Does android even have themes available (im assuming you have to root)? Ive never owned an android device

9. subzero123

I mean honestly, the android music player looks like it belongs in 1995. Why cant they just adapt a nice smooth coverflow interface, and pretty the thing up a little?