Really bad reception on my IncderibleSupport

Last Updated:

1. tomheller

tomheller New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi - I just got this phone on Friday and I have yet to see a 3G icon. I have yet to see any more than 2 bars; and I'm in the metro NYC service area!
    The only time I get any mobile network reception is when I can find an open WiFi. Did I get a bad device? Can a Verizon tech in a store fix this?
    Thank you!

Advertisement
  2. x0x

x0x Well-Known Member

Have you attempted a *228 and Option 1 to reprogram and update PRL? This would be the first thing to try.

3. yankeeboy

yankeeboy Well-Known Member

^ This

I am in Metro NYC as well, and since switching from AT&T over a month ago have yet to drop a call and have 3G most of the time

4. uber_mike

uber_mike Well-Known Member

Ignore the bars, they are not programed right. It will probably be fixed in the future.

Edit: Nevermind, I didn't read what you said correctly. Try the PRL update, and if that doesn't get you the 3G icon, I'd return it.

5. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish! VIP Member

i get a 3g notification sometimes, but i am almost always at 0-1 bar service.

I know the bars arent accurate, but i have also missed called because they went right to VM and also dropped an occasional call.

Should i also do the PRL? or is it not for my issue?

also in NYC

6. rmreid

rmreid Well-Known Member

For what it's worth:
    I'm going on my 4th Dinc, for various issues the last 1 for poor reception.
    I would agree that the signal bars are not exact and signal strength under: About the Phone, Network, Signal Strength is the key.
    My reading are sometimes in the -85dBM to -90dBm range and I have no signal bars

Also 3G will only show up when data is being sent or received (or so I was told by VZN Tech Support?) and that seems to be correct at least for me here in Western, TN.

Good luck