• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Really confused???!!!

LisaLouWho

Lurker
Jan 1, 2012
Hi Everyone - I have the MID 10inch tablet 2.2 and being an iPhone user and having used the iPad am very confused by this product and am not sure if it just a problem with my device or with the device in general.

First - I cannot seem to rearrange my icons. When I move them, they just snap back to their original spot.

2. I cannot delete FaceBook and it keeps telling me there is an upgrade avail but it never downloads over it.

3. Am I doing something wrong when scrolling? There seems to be no sweet spot of pressure that enables me to scroll without pressing on something and causing it to open.

4. Is there a way for the wifi to automatically detect my router and connect rather than having to do it manually every time?

5. And last - I keep getting a "process.android.acore has stopped unexpectedly" It asks me to force quit and I hit that but it keeps coming back - even on a reboot.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Welcome to the forums, LisaLouWho. :)

I've placed your qeustion in the 10.1 version of the Galaxy Tab forums for you.

Facebook is one of many stock apps provided and can't be re moved without rooting the device, which voids the warranty.

Those app icons can be hidden, though. There is a menu selection for doing that.

The particulars on that and your other issues will be responded to by users of that Tab. :)

Upvote 0
Thanks Frisco. I really don't want to hide the FaceBook icon I want to use it but I want to update it and it wont so I figured uninstalling it and reinstalling it would work. Meanwhile, do you know how I can move my icons around and rearrange them, they keep snapping back to where they were. And also, I cannot get rid of that error message that keeps coming up.

Upvote 0
Hi Everyone - I have the MID 10inch tablet 2.2
This is the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 forum so I don't know why your post was moved here as the device you have uses the Android v2.x OS while the Tab uses Android v3.x OS - they're similar but different in some ways. So my replies will be somewhat generic as they can not be specific since I know nothing of the tablet you're using.
First - I cannot seem to rearrange my icons. When I move them, they just snap back to their original spot.
You have to make sure there is an open spot to drop the icon or will just return to it's spot. I believe the iPad works the same way, so it may be something specific to your tablet.
2. I cannot delete FaceBook and it keeps telling me there is an upgrade avail but it never downloads over it.
Open the Market app and find the Facebook app. You should have an option to update it there. And any preinstalled apps should get automatic updates.
3. Am I doing something wrong when scrolling? There seems to be no sweet spot of pressure that enables me to scroll without pressing on something and causing it to open.
I'm not sure what type of screen sensor is used. Most tablets work the same way, just flick the screen to scroll just like on the iPad. If the screen is a resistive type, it's much more fussy about contact and gestures.
4. Is there a way for the wifi to automatically detect my router and connect rather than having to do it manually every time?
Again, I'm not familiar with your model, but most tablets or phones running Android simply connect automatically once they are in range of the WiFi signal.
5. And last - I keep getting a "process.android.acore has stopped unexpectedly" It asks me to force quit and I hit that but it keeps coming back - even on a reboot.
You can try doing a factory reset to wipe the device clean and start fresh. That may help eliminate some of these issues. It should be under the Settings, SD & Phone storage, Factory Reset. It's like doing a restore on the iPhone and installing a fresh/clean copy of the OS, but you don't need to connect it to a computer to do it.

Reactions: Frisco
Upvote 0
Thanks Frisco. I really don't want to hide the FaceBook icon I want to use it but I want to update it and it wont so I figured uninstalling it and reinstalling it would work. Meanwhile, do you know how I can move my icons around and rearrange them, they keep snapping back to where they were. And also, I cannot get rid of that error message that keeps coming up.

Hello again, Lisa. Sorry about not having provided clear responses to you about your issues. I see bfksc has noticed that your device is a bit different than the ones this forum are focused on. I was thinking of moving this thread to the Android Lounge where there is a general gathering of Android users, some who may be able to help.

Bfksc has also given some great answers to your individual issues, so let us know if those tips take care of things for you. :)

I would like to just add something about the icon moving problem: make sure your screen/launcher is not "locked." Most launchers have a feature in the menu which gives the user a choice to have the screen available for icon moving and other modifications, or to lock it in the sense of everything just as functional, but no icon moving or other changes can occur. It is not the same at all of truly locking the screen as in causing it to darken; it is just a way to prevent accidental icon moving, although the icons work normally when it is locked in this way.

Again, let us know if we've taken care of things for you.. if not, we'll take other steps such as moving this thread to the Android Lounge, etc. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones