• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
So I stupidly ordered a chinese made Android tablet online. The model number is Onda v701s. It has 4.2.2 OS but it seems to be really unstable, even from the get go. What I would love to do is to completely get rid of what it has and replace it with the OS from my phone (LG Optimus L9). My phone is way more stable and doesnt have apps/programs quick working all the time. My question then is this: Is there a way to completely get rid of the current ROM and replace it with a more stable one like the stock Samsung S4 ROM, or the stock ROM from my LG? Thanks in advance for your help.

Is it rebooting, shutting down, freezing, etc. It's not necessarily software causing it to be unstable, very likely there's quality issues and wasn't tested properly by the manufacturer. Onda devices are never particularly good anyway, even by budget standards. Best thing to do is RMA it as faulty for replacement or refund, a refund preferably.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones