Really need help, may have a bricked galaxy sSupport

Last Updated:

1. vanrizzel

vanrizzel New Member This Topic's Starter

I have a Samsung Galaxy S. The phone is now stuck in the black screen at startup with a computer and phone as the image. I cannot get into any recovery/download modes. I have tried all variations of the volume+start+power but that hasn't worked on my phone since i bought it 2 weeks ago. I have scoured forums for solutions and nothing is working. My computer wont even register it when i use USB connection is my phone now useless ?? I've tried loading odin and that doesn't register the phone either seems that i am at a loss and will have to return it with some stretched truth story and hope i don't get reemed.

Advertisement
  2. KMoore7580

KMoore7580 Well-Known Member

You might do well to let the people here know what you have done, were doing to possibly lead to this.

3. TechGrin

TechGrin Well-Known Member

I would suspect that you have one of the Galaxy's that has the manual (vol,start,power) recovery disabled.

You might have to start thinking of a good excuse for sending this one back......

4. Sleuth

Sleuth Active Member

I was in a bit of a panic like this one after trying to install the new beta froyo firmware. I'd screwed up somwhere along the way, and couldn't re-flash because my pc wouldn't recognise the phone. This may or may not be of use to you, but in the end I discovered that the only way to get the phone recognised by Odin (and xp) was to reinstall the usb drivers (from the keis menu) then immediately reboot my pc. On reboot, make sure Keis isn't running in the system tray, then start Odin, then plug in the phone (in DL mode). It should then recognise the phone. But you have to do this every thing you want to do something -- Reinstall the drivers then reboot the pc. Every time.

5. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

@sleuth: he just said he can't get into download mode.

6. vanrizzel

vanrizzel New Member This Topic's Starter

Took it into Allphones today to be sent away to get repaired. If the repairer or optus give me any grief i will call ACCC or ombudsman. The recovery reset/download menu is a feature of the galaxy S and if this feature wasn't removed from the phone in the first place i wouldn't be having any problems. Oh well i will find out in a week if it's fixed. The guys at allphones were really cool though and suprisingly helpful.