Really, REALLY want to get an EVO, but...

Last Updated:

1. Naz927

Naz927 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

...I still can't seem to find one anywhere! It's been over a month since launch and Sprint and RadioShack have none and have both been reduced to waiting lists. I called my local Best Buy this morning and when I asked the "Sales Associate" if she if they had any EVO's in white or black she had NO IDEA what I was talking about.
    ME: Hello, would you happen to know if you have any Sprint HTC EVO's in stock?

BB: Um....I'm sorry what? Somebody was just walking and talking next to me and I didn't get that.

ME: Sure, I was wondering if you knew if you guys have any of the HTC EVO's in stock.

BB: The what?

ME: It's the new Sprint phone that you all have been advertising like crazy, it is spelled, E...V...O. I just need to know if you have any, everybody else around me is sold out.

BB:....would you mind holding for a second?

ME: Sure.

After 6 minutes and 56 seconds later of horrible waiting music...the phone starts ringing again for about another 15 seconds, just when it stops and I hope I can get an answer...BACK to waiting music for another two minutes, after almost 10 minutes in total, I hung up. BEST BUY FAIL.

I live in the Greater Cincinnati Area and I also happen to work at a RadioShack part time while I'm in school. I was hoping to get one from my store so I can get the sale, but we have barely had ANY in since launch day, and they were forbidding employees to buy any until they freed up a bit. Well over a month later and still nothing lol. IF ANYBODY can help me or knows of any place in the greater Cincy area, PLEASE help me!

Advertisement
  2. gx1400

gx1400 Well-Known Member

If you want one then order it on bestbuy.com and pick it up in the store or call sprint

3. Naz927

If only it were that simple...I was due for an upgrade on my family account since June 1st of last month, Best Buy online is sold out of the black EVO (don't really care for the white), the White one you can order BUT it doesn't process upgrades online, just new accounts.

4. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

Just keep an eye out for Sprint.com. They come and go quick. I got lucky last week and snagged one the brief time they had them in stock.

5. 81_

81_ Banned

i don't know where you live, but my gf called to about 10 sprint/best buy stores before she found a pair....and make sure you tell them you are a new customer......

6. Naz927

I think I will just end up waiting until we get them in at my RadioShack, lol. I was really hoping to get one today as I don't have class or work at all, but to no avail. I'm still happy with rooted/custom Hero, but have been wanting the EVO when I first heard about it as the SuperSonic. Thanks though everyone! I hope to be one this side of the forums soon, fingers crossed.

7. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

Next time you call a Best Buy I would ask for someone in the Mobile division.

8. Naz927

That's what I just did, MUCH better experience this time. All they have is their pre-orders for the white one's, sold out of the blacks, don't know when they will be getting in anymore, pretty much the same as everywhere else.

9. J03

J03 Well-Known Member

Lol, you expected someone not in the mobile department to know what you were talking about?