• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Really Surprised about the Vivid/Raider

I have to say, I'm really surprised by the lack of posts in this form for the Vivid (Raider is what my version is called - from Rogers here in Canada).

I had a Samsung Captivate and there are a ton of posts in that forum. Yes, that phone has been out a lot longer, but still, the amount of posts compared to this forum is staggering. I guess the Raider is not all that popular.

I had the Captivate for close to a year and the Raider now for 4 days and all I can say is wow, the Raider kicks the Cappy's butt. Yes, the Raider is much newer technology, but the screen is amazing, the power of this phone is fantastic and the HTC experience is so much better than the Samsung experience. I find myself no longer loading any third party apps I had loaded on the Cappy such as an SMS app or a launcher or third party email apps or even a contacts app.

Out of the box, this phone is simply a great phone. And it is sooooo nice not to have that lag anymore, every time I tried to do something or even when I simply turned the screen on. The Raider is so responsive. So glad I chose this phone.

Back in the days htc dream and magic were probably the only android phones and there were tons of attention on xda. I guess today there are simply way too many models available in the market so ppl get diversified into different options and devs too for that matter.
An imaginary extreme would be everyone having a different model and, good luck cooking ur own rom lol
But ya totally loving my raider so far.

Upvote 0
Depends on where you are at. I'm pretty sure the ICS update has been released in the U.S. but we don't have it yet here in Canada. I'm with Rogers and I asked them about this. It's coming, just not out yet. Not sure what the hold up is. They couldn't give me a date either.

Yeah I'm in Canada like you fellows. I'm getting a Raider tomorrow or the next day as they didn't have any in stock and have to get them from another store.

Upvote 0
I'm rocking the Vivid from AT&T Mobility in the states and I've been on ICS for awhile now. The phone got a bit smoother with the ICS update. My only issue currently, which is no fault of HTC's, is on ICS I can't get the sense weather animations on the unlocking of my phone if I use Widget Locker. It's a very minor annoyance for me so I don't sweat it at all. I love the phone all around and ICS just made it all a bit better.

Reactions: damewolf13
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones