really upset with verizonGeneral

Last Updated:

1. zaphodbebleebrox

zaphodbebleebrox Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

its bad enough that verizon loads crap ( AMAZON MP3 among others ) on the phone, then they start the programs taking resources i could use to make the phone faster and more enjoyable.

I have used task killers but the processes just restart within a couple of minutes.

the fact that not only does verizon load crap onto internal phone memory but then they forces these programs to run totally upsets me.

how many of you have used visual voice mail? i never will but yet it always runs.

I HAVE NO DOUBT THE ALLY WILL RUN FROYO IF THE BLOAT-WARE WASNT FORCED TO RUN ALL THE TIME.

GET A CLUE VERIZON, ALL MUSIC IS PIRATED THESE DAYS. GO TO YOUTUBE, PLAY VIDEO, USE
    RECORDING SOFTWARE TO RECORD THE MUSIC. DUH!

Advertisement
  2. skater95

skater95 Well-Known Member

If you root your phone you can get rid of all the useless apps. Also don't use task killers they do more harm then good

3. Cyberzerous

Cyberzerous Active Member

Really go root, cut the crap out yourself and enjoy see the all things root on this forum

4. zaphodbebleebrox

zaphodbebleebrox Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i thought you couldnt delete preinstalled apps , what happens when the system tries to start these apps that have been deleted? dont you get error messsages?

5. Cyberzerous

Cyberzerous Active Member

there are a few that can't be uninstalled but for the most part (amazon VM facebook myspace) can all be removed without a problem to the system

6. dots

dots Well-Known Member

The system shouldn't try to start an app that isn't there. ;)

7. therealciviczc

therealciviczc Well-Known Member

Don't fear the rooting from all of the drama and complicated posts about it. Obviously you shouldn't have to do this because Verizon should have a clue, but that's not the case. You'd think that they'd get the hint from the people flocking to open source android phones from all the buttoned up shit out there we used to be stuck with.

Anyway...

There are threads that describe the simple process to remove those apps. Get universal androot, get rom manager, titanium back up... click the button to root the phone, reboot, back up stuff, back up rom, etc, go to titanuim backup and remove the crappy apps that no one on earth wants, and unroot. It took a total of about 15 minutes and there was basically no risk involved. It will void the waranty if you have one. Check some threads on removing verizon apps. Don't go hogwild because removing google apps can mess things up. My only complaint is that Universal Androot, Titanium backup, and rom manager took up about as much space as the garbage I removed.

8. myfishbear

myfishbear Well-Known Member

You are so right lol but just use dresildee's tool to load the rom, not rom manager, it is the easiest way because it will not modify your recovery for your ally and check out my safety list under the rooted section.