Really weird issue, any suggestions welcomeSupport

Last Updated:

1. HoldenCaufield

HoldenCaufield Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Okay, so I downloaded launcher pro and switch pro apps. Then I installed a non-market app I got from xda (gallery3d if it matters). After installing that app, launcher pro required a force quit.

Now I have my switch pro widget near the bottom of the screen on the home screen. When launcher pro reloaded and put back all my widgets, it looks like it sort of mirrored the switch app on the bottom, behind the dock where the phone and contacts buttons are. It's sort of half on and half off the screen.

I can't long press on it, or interact with it in any way. I have tried reloading the switch pro widget, but that doesn't do anything.

I have also tried restarting launcher pro, which also has no effect.
    Rebooting the phone also does not solve.
    Weird, huh? What do you all think?

BTW, I'm pretty new to Android, so if I'm missing something obvious, please go easy;)

Advertisement
  2. kamikazekyle

kamikazekyle Well-Known Member

Launchers lock things to grids since widgets are grid based. But, that doesn't mean it's impossible for things to go off the grid, so to speak. Sounds like that's what happened here.

I think you can reset Launcher Pro's desktop, but I can't remember 100% if or how you can. You could also try clearing LP's data: Menu > Settings > Apps > click on Launcher Pro > Clear Local Data (or something like that...going by memory).

Push comes to shove, an uninstall of LP and reinstall would reset back to defaults.

Oh, one more thing. If you move the phone from portrait to landscape, does that alter the layout enough so you can then access the widget?

Sorry I can't be of more help. I thought you were talking about Sense when I started typing this (easy fix in that case), so I originally tailored my reply to that :p

HoldenCaufield likes this.
  3. HoldenCaufield

Push did come to shove: I had to reinstall LP, but now things are all good with the world.
    BTW, the switch pro widget did go away when rotated to landscape. Weird.
    Thanks for your help.

4. stainlessray

stainlessray Well-Known Member

same thing happened to me when i switched from having 5 rows of icons on the home screen down to 4. strangest thing! (tried grabbing it real quick by making the dock dip down by activating the hidden notification bar, needless to say, im just too slow lol)

I solved it byclearing the launcher default, then changing it back. don't know why it worked, but if it ever happens again, that's just a shade quicker than re-installing it and setting up from scratch.

5. stainlessray

stainlessray Well-Known Member

Don't know about OP, but that just forced it further out of the screen when I did it! was soooo funny (once it was solved)... still chuckle at the whole thing.

6. HoldenCaufield

Yea, clearing launcher default did nothing for me. Only way I could see out was reinstall. Luckily, I wasn't too far into any real customizing that couldn't be redone in a short time. Besides, gives me an excuse to be playing with it (the phone I mean....)