• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Really worth it?

T_VASS

Feb 1, 2011
I have been wanting the TB but after verizon roadmap was relesed this morning i see a whole bunch of amazing phones coming out in the next couple of months. One that really caught my eye was the Samsung Galaxy S II. With a dual core processor and 1GB of RAM, Gingerbread, 1080P recording and a battery larger than the TB, is it worth the wait till may? I know the chances of being grandfathered into unlimited may become slimmer as time goes on but with those kinds of specs is it worth passing up on the TB?

i have been wanting the tb but after verizon roadmap was relesed this morning i see a whole bunch of amazing phones coming out in the next couple of months. One that really caught my eye was the samsung galaxy s ii. With a dual core processor and 1gb of ram, gingerbread, 1080p recording and a battery larger than the tb, is it worth the wait till may? I know the chances of being grandfathered into unlimited may become slimmer as time goes on but with those kinds of specs is it worth passing up on the tb?

Absolutely!!!

Upvote 0
I have been wanting the TB but after verizon roadmap was relesed this morning i see a whole bunch of amazing phones coming out in the next couple of months. One that really caught my eye was the Samsung Galaxy S II. With a dual core processor and 1GB of RAM, Gingerbread, 1080P recording and a battery larger than the TB, is it worth the wait till may? I know the chances of being grandfathered into unlimited may become slimmer as time goes on but with those kinds of specs is it worth passing up on the TB?

After owning a Galaxy S 4G, I have to tell you that I am not a fan of Samsung phones. Their other products are great, but their phones are just average. I think Motorola and HTC make a much better device.

I am quite happy with my TB, even with it's absolutely amazing appetite for battery energy. I can plug it in when I want and turn off data easily. It's quite managable.

The duel-core thing means nothing to me. The phone blasts though every task I give it. Keep in mind that there will always be something on the horrizon. If you are itching for a new phone now, the TB is a great choice. If you can wait there might be something better in a few months. "Better" is something only you can decide because there is a lot more to a phone than hardware specs.

Do you really want to wait for 4G SUPER SPEED? LOL

Upvote 0
If you have 4G where you live, seems the TB is a good move. Folks waiting for 4G have less reason to get the TB and more to wait and see what else ships in the next few months.

May be best to get something to lock 4G in though, since the closer the iPhone 4G gets, the more likely tiered plans appear and unlimited goes away.

Still, the TB does have a real puurteee display :)

Upvote 0
After owning a Galaxy S (Captivate), I will never buy a Samsung product again. They put a bunch of great hardware into the phone, but don't know how to write software for it. So many bugs!

Agree 100% My Fascinate has amazing hardware. The major problem was they failed to update their software... ever! My old Fasciante is still on 2.1 and still has GPS issues as well as other qwirky software issues. They are TERRIBLE at updating.

HTC was voted #1 at updating their phones. I'll put my money there. Never again will I buy another Samsung. Sure the hardware rocks. But know that you get what you get. never expect the next lvl of android.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones