Reasons to Root the Note 3 (T-Mobile), and questions re: what I will be able to do after root.

1. randomjive

randomjive New Member

Hey y'all, just checking in to see what you think.

Yes, I've read all of the other top reasons to root threads.
    I'm looking specifically at the N3.

MyMagazine-
    I really like the phone, have had no problems, EXCEPT for MyMagazine. It's annoying and would like to get rid of it.

Tether tracking-
    Would I be able to tether without T-Mo tracking it? I tried using FoxFi and it just enabled the T-Mo wifi

Roms-
    We can't flash any roms just yet, right?

S-Voice over Google Now-
    I have used both, and Google Now seems more responsive and accurate. Can I set Google Now as my default?

What other things have you done with the N3 after rooting?

Thanks!
    A

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Tethering is iffy, If you're downloading a lot of Windows apps, chances are you're tethering.

ROMS? You can't flash what no one has written yet.

You could change the boot animation. You could uninstall all the bloat. And you can get KitKat once someone has done the work.
  3. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

The only other thing I've seen to add to Rukbat's list is you can stop the Knox prevention message that some many people are obsessed with. None of these things are enough to make me root and possibly void my warranty though.
  4. jfrov11

jfrov11 New Member

You can get rid of S-Voice and use Google voice without having to root. Get Home2 Shortcut in the play store.
  5. vahdyx

vahdyx Member

That's what I did. Works great. I'm trying to decide if I want to root or not. I don't know if I wanna head down that slippery slope.

Last time I rooted was the Galaxy S3 and I was a flash-aholic. I wanted to try many different types of ROMs and whenever the developer updated it I would flash and have to go through the reinstall, re-set up, re-theme process and it got to be bad.

I don't know if I wanna start this again.
  6. armirol

armirol Well-Known Member

I tried to setup Home2 Shortcut but i can't figure out how to configure it to start google voice.... any help?
    Thank you
  7. jlede

jlede Well-Known Member

couldnt you hold down on the home button to get to recent apps and then click the g for Gnow
  8. Siff

Siff New Member

You can always just tell S-Voice to open Google Now. Works every time...