Reasons Why We Love Android...General

Last Updated:

1. surgeon0214

surgeon0214 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I thought it would be cool to start a thread where users post a reason why they love android and android phones.

I'll start:
    I love android because it can be whatever you want it to be, there are no set rules that you must follow. :D

Your turn!

Advertisement
    tommy_ed likes this.
  2. CrazyKnight128

CrazyKnight128 Well-Known Member

I love Android because it doesn't have apple any were near it.

AdmSuvvuk likes this.
  3. tommy_ed

tommy_ed Well-Known Member

I love android because of google's open mindedness

apple is the conservative republican of phones.

4. Batbriel

Batbriel Well-Known Member

Love it !!! cuz there is so many ways u can make this devise personal, more "You" , (launchers, icons,wallpapers, apps, all those goodies..) By far the best gadget I've ever had

5. raphifix

raphifix Well-Known Member

+1

I think if I had an iPhone, I would get bored too quickly. About the only way I could customize the homescreen would be by to change the wallpaper and move icons around. :rolleyes: I really love my various widgets, along with the pull-down notification bar.

Android seems to be the "Wild West" of the phone OS world. :D

6. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

'Cause it runs on Verizon Wireless, and I need a phone on VZW. I'd be happy with an iPhone, too. I'd probably even be fine with WebOS. WM or BB, no thanks.

7. Cajun83

Cajun83 Well-Known Member

because even my friends with an eris have to ask me "ok... how do you get to... blah blah..."

I am just as lost when playing with their phones lol. So much customization available.

8. surgeon0214

True Dat :D

9. surgeon0214

Dont let me fall...

10. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

1. Always been a Google fan
    2. Great phone (Eris) on VZW
    3. Root! :) [wi-fi tethering]
    4. Android Forums! -- lots of great posts and posters (thanks to all)

11. debssx3

debssx3 Active Member

You can customize it the way you want it.
    Has a variety of phones to choose from.

12. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

I love android, because it's better than apple!!!

13. greyhndz

greyhndz Well-Known Member

It's so easy and intuitive to figure out. It really is an "out of the box" kind of phone.

It's fun to play with! (coming from a grown-up who should have better things to do but obviously doesn't).

It's a constant learning curve, as there's always something new to explore, lots of interesting apps discussed here that I want to try, and I really like challenges.

It does not have the pomposity and "branding" of an iPhone.

I can spit out a few technical words and pretend that I'm a geek. :p

My dogs approve of my Eris, which can't be said about my dear (NOT) departed TouchPro2.

Attached Files:

14. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

I love Android for the little green android, AND because it gives us all a reason to hang out "here" amongst most excellent company!

AdmSuvvuk likes this.
  15. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

These appear contradictory. I know that my experience with Android was not exactly intuitive, and I'd been using a smartphone for several years (and a variety of PDAs before that.) I needed a bit of help to point out good apps to get to get started, an explanation for why there were two email apps, how to get notifications set up (as there is a default notification in settings, then separate ones in each apps preferences, rather than a central repository to set them up), learning that I didn't need a task killer after being told definitively that I needed one, etc. You guys all remember this.

I do think that is the one advantage of the iPhone - compared with Android, I think it's easier for a new user to pick up and use well from the very start. That said, after about two days, I'd never go to an iPhone (as it is now, or even will be in a couple of weeks, though that battery life sounds great...) from Android.

16. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

I actually think android is easier to pick up for people using a smartphone for the first time. Its so different from BB or WM. Coming from the dare, android was a breeze to pick up.

17. Haywire

Haywire Well-Known Member

Because it lets me dump the 15$ a month texting plan and use google voice for texting!

18. deslovedroid

deslovedroid Active Member

The eris is my first smart phone and now I cant get enough of it!! It has opened my eyes to a new world of tech. and I love it! I am thinking about changing my career and going to work for Verizon :D:D

19. AdmSuvvuk

AdmSuvvuk Well-Known Member

Bah! Where does that leave us conservative republicans that prefer an Android device? LOL :)

20. AdmSuvvuk

AdmSuvvuk Well-Known Member

I like Android because I'm a "tinkerer". One of the greatest joys I had with Windows Mobile was flashing new ROMs to change the experience. When new leak builds were coming out in the development of WinMo 6.5 I was flashing a new ROM daily. I wanted an Iphone bad when they first came out, but having played with one a few times I can see it would bore me silly rapidly. Even unrooted my droid phones are so customizable that I can change the entire set up all the time if I want. And I've never had a smartphone (LOOOOOONG time smartphone user) that integrated so well with email and contacts/social networks. I find something new every day.

21. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Some might argue that Apple is the totalitarian communist regime of smartphones - we know what it best for you. Or, the Model T of smartphones - you can do whatever you want, as long as whatever you want is what we allow you to do.

22. ErisDroid?

ErisDroid? Well-Known Member

Weather we want to admit it or not, Google is slowly and quietly taking over the world. The largest search engine (not sure if that's statistically proven, and not really in China), voice services, social networking, whatever Wave is, and the unlimited other services they release everyday. So if you want a smart phone why not have one that is going to be developed by the company that will be Earth. I say in 2012 Google for President, they could start small and just be Governor of Maine.

This is why I love Android.

23. BlueDC2

BlueDC2 Well-Known Member

YouTube - 2015:Google Takes Over The World!!(DOCUMENTARY)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

24. surgeon0214