Reboot App

Last Updated:

1. makthenif

makthenif Well-Known Member

Is there a reboot app that doesn't require rooting?

Advertisement
  2. safeplayer22

safeplayer22 Well-Known Member

None that i know of. but if you own an N1 at this stage in the game and you are not rooted, then you are really behind.

use the 1-click root app to do it. no hassles and no worries. you can still keep it "stock" (without loading new roms, but i dont why you wouldnt) and still be able to use apps that requires root.
  3. makthenif

If I root, the warranty is voided...don't want that
  4. Hook

Hook Ever since DU... ;-) VIP Member

Rooting does *not* void warranty (you still have one? ;) ). Only unlocking the bootloader does. Some methods of rooting (using fastboot) do require unlocking the bootloader, but the one-click methods do not.

If you have Froyo or earlier, SuperOneClick works well.

[APP]SuperOneClick v1.9.5 (Root, Unroot, Enable Non-Market App) - xda-developers

Gingerbread broke SuperOneClick, but I have heard there are now one-click methods for Gingerbread. I don't know them because by then I went to a new ROM, but post in the All Things Root forum to get better information.
  5. makthenif

i am running gingerbread 2.3.4. that forum didn't help.
  6. Smersh

Smersh Member

This one worked for me, getting a rooted 2.3.4:
    xda-developers - View Single Post - Gingerbreak on 2.3.4

It involves going back to Froyo first, though. And while step 7 states you need the file su.zip on the phone, make sure you already have it there by step 6, because otherwise it is too late to get it there - being unfamiliar with the rooting lingo I did not understand this, so I had to restart when I realized my mistake.