Reboot....are you all using Launcher Pro?Support

Last Updated:

1. Nolesfan

Nolesfan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My phone has started the random reboots and froze on an incoming call yesterday. I'm just trying to narrow it down if I can. If you're experiencing this are you using LP? I have LP+ on my phone and it's certainly been worse since I upgraded. Not sure if they're related. Is anyone having reboots on the stock launcher?

Advertisement
  2. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

My gf is having random reboots on her stock launcher

We tried a hard reboot, switching batteries, and it still was rebooting. She is waiting for a replacement now

3. kkwan77

kkwan77 Well-Known Member

The only thing I have noticed is the random lagging / unresponsiveness of the phone from time to time. I've done a factory reset and it took about two days before this started occurr ing again.

Anyone else experience this?

4. Aggie12

Aggie12 Well-Known Member

I have Launcherpro (free) and yesterday my phone rebooted at dinner. Today it rebooted then froze a little while later. Running Task Manager to kill stand alone apps, not system processes just apps.

5. dlaxman31

dlaxman31 Well-Known Member

I've had similar problems with the phone. Mine had LP (free) and it randomly froze the other day. I had to do a hard reboot (pressing the power butting down and turning the phone off and on).

I recently removed LP (free) and I'm curious to see if there is any improvement.

6. matty032

matty032 Well-Known Member

Launcher Pro made mine freeze and reboot. ADW, or stock only for me. Hate I wasted 3 bucks on LP.

7. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

never have had a problem with LP on my droid or droid x no matter what rom i use.

8. SLR 722

SLR 722 Well-Known Member

I am using Launcher Pro. I have had two random reboots on two seperate occasions.

First reboot, did not notice until I looked at my phone and saw the Droid eye. Second reboot, did not notice (Was away from the phone for a certain period of time) until I checked the "since unplugged" time on the Battery Usage Summary.

Haven't noticed any problems that I was aware of after reboots. Not sure if LP was the cause, however.

9. bostoniansurvivor

bostoniansurvivor Well-Known Member

I have also used LPP on my droid, my droid x, as well as my previous eris. Never had any sort of reboot issues. I know many people who have also used this program long term with no such issues. I would suggest that if it has anything to do with LPP that it is more than likely interference from something else, but that is just my suggestion.

10. Joan006

Joan006 Well-Known Member

My daughter had her first reboot ON HER WAY HOME FROM VERIZON when they changed her phone from BB to DX. She didn't tell me, then it started 2-3 times a day. She finally mentioned it to me as I also have a DX with NO issues at all (I have LPP).
    Anyways, i called Verizon and they said it COULD be a battery issue. They mailed me an extended battery for free to see if that helped. Nope. So, we took her phone to Verizon where the tech did a hard reset. it completely froze then and was totally useless. He ordered daughter a "like-new" DX, over-nighted from Verizon and we received it yesterday. So far, her's works faster than mine! I added LPP when I saw that it seemed good and then I let her add a few apps at a time. This morning, all is well (knock on wood).
    I want to add here tho, that my entire house (5 diff. kind of phones) and my in-laws across the street - ALL our phones have been dropping calls like crazy. It's not a phone issue, because 3 of the 8 phones are ancient and 2 are BB's. Yesterday, other daughter and i were on our phones seperately, and we BOTH had dropped calls at the same exact time.
    That's my story! : )

11. mruno

mruno Well-Known Member

The dropped calls sound like outside interference. What kind of buildings are around you? Any military bases around? How is aircraft traffic in the area?

12. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

Had LP since phone was first turned on and immediately downloaded. Don't even know what the phone is like stock. Never had a reboot.

13. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Well-Known Member

I know this thread is a bit old and that it is in the Droid X forum, but same problem for me with LP on my Samsung Epic. Random reboots when LP is installed and active. My Epic has never randomly rebooted otherwise. I can have the same configuration and with the stock Touchwiz launcher I haven't had a single reboot yet.

14. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

if you suspect it might be LP, have you thought about removing it?
    any time i have a problem, and i have a suspect culprit, i just remove that variable, and see if the problem persists.
    delete it. if the problem stops, you know it was LP. either way, wouldnt you like to know for sure if it is or isnt?

15. LoyalServant

LoyalServant Well-Known Member

Sorry to necro a thread......

I have observed this.
    A few weeks back I went from ADW -> Launcher pro.
    Prior to that I had no random reboots.
    Within a day of having installed launcher pro I had one.
    Ever since then I have had several random reboots that I could not explain, usually within a day of one another.

So I yanked launcher pro on Sunday night and have been using the YUCKY stock launcher.
    No reboots.
    Any ideas? Just me having this problem? :eek:

16. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

I had to reload all my Widgets today. It appeared my phone self-rebooted, but I can't tell for sure. But all my widgets had the "loading widget" error. I waited 5 minutes for them to repopulate, no such luck.

The Launcher Pro widgets (bookmarks, facebook, people) were not affected.

Folder Organizer shortcuts were not affected.

Only widgets. Luckily, I only had about 15 Widgets to reload.