Reboot = Error MessagesSupport

Last Updated:

1. halldc87

halldc87 Member This Topic's Starter

I rebooted my HTC Eris a few minutes ago and when it turned back on I got like three error messages:

1. The application Flexilis Mobile Security (process com.lookout) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

2.The application Google Maps (process com.google.android.apps.maps) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

3. The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Also when I try to open "settings" I get an error message for that as well as "phone".

I also do not have service!!!

I think I killed my android!

Advertisement
  2. zepedebo

zepedebo New Member

I had something similar happen last weekend on my Hero. I had to do a hard reset. The good news is that all my contacts and such were still there. The bad news is that I had to re-download my apps. I have downloaded an app to back up, just in case something like this happens in the future.

3. halldc87

I reset my phone to factory which of course put me back to square 1. What is the name of the app you used to back your stuff up?

4. PhantomTrace

PhantomTrace Well-Known Member

Astro File Manager, works amazing

5. halldc87

I have that!!! I didn't know it backs up. Gonna try that now. thx.

6. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member

I had this same thing happen today. I just shut it off and turned it back on, and it came back fine.

I wasn't sure why it happened, but I had just downloaded updates to 3 apps so???

7. halldc87

I restarted my phone like 5 times after it happened and kept getting the same messages. This forced me to employ the last resort of resetting my phone to factory :(

8. slapout

slapout Member

I had something like that happen to me last week. I was able to fix it by going into settings, turning of background data, rebooting and then turning background data back on.

I'm having the same problem now, but those steps aren't working this time.

9. SofaKingCool

SofaKingCool New Member

process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly

Gaaaah this is sooo annoying and ridiculous!!!
    I started getting this message acouple months ago and after awhile I just ignored it. But I couldn't stand it any longer and took my phone into Verizon which the guy suggested I system restore the phone. Not thinking at all I told him to do it.
    I lost everything but my photos n videos half of my contacts were gone too even though I had the back up assistance. Anyways it worked for maybe a week and the damn thing came back!?!? :eek:

I've done this system restore about 4 times now I just want my google maps to be installed and work when I need to find a location.

After all this is a Google phone and I expect Googles apps to be in good working order. Otherwise take your name off

Same thing goes for my Navigator it opens to the interface and thats about it, just stuck on the interface screem

I've also noticed that the facebook app doesn't work either.
    I recieve a similar message making the only way I can log on is if I access it through the internet.

Is there a solution to this out there somewhere?? PLEASE SHARE!!
    If not I do believe that this is my 1st and last experience with HTC and Droids!!

On to the Iphone

10. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums. :)

If wipes are not working (factory data reset), it's possible that a remnant of the old Gmail or other Google related app/widget is still on your SD card.

I'd remove and format the SD card, or replace it entirely, to remedy the issue with the force closes of gapps.

11. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I'd also suggest *not* updating to the latest Google Maps in the market and leave the one pre-installed on the phone.

It's a bit too late for this, but I'd also suggest using only Google contacts, as opposed to phone contacts, as they are synced with your Google account and will resync if you ever need to factory reset again.

Also, one last suggestion is try rooting the phone and installing a close-to-stock custom ROM like xtrSENSE. You can install that right over your current stock software without losing any data or third-party apps. If you are interested in that, we have an "All things root" subforum with a lot more information and help.

Eris - All Things Root - Android Forums