• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] Reboot fail after Odin flash

gwatts

Lurker
Feb 6, 2010
Hi
Attempting to root Verizon Galaxy Note 2. After green PASS light and Odin3v1.85 completes its flash the phone does not reboot and remains blacked out. I

Attachments

• snip3.PNG
    snip3.PNG
    11.7 KB · Views: 92
[FONT=&quot]Gentlemen:[/FONT] Thank you very much, I appreciate your responses. I think I am stuck.

Check this link for a hardware root fix for probably any phone for $75+. Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Bootloader SBOOT Downgrade Service -

I am using Windows 7 and Verizon Galaxy Note 2 SCH-i605, Android version 4.3.
I easily rooted telephone with Odin 3.09. I then tried to install a ROM with ROM Manager and I lost access. Somewhere in all of this I did a soft un-brick. (Since posting I’ve read that an OTA update installed Knox and locked the boot loader.) With a little difficulty, I installed baseband version I605VRUEMJ9 with Odin. I cannot find Knox in Application Manager or in the list of applications on my telephone. I presume that my boot loader is locked. I’ve not found specific directions as to how to unlock EMJ9. I think I also read that downgrading from 4.3 is not allowed.

Since losing root and reinstalling I have attempted to obtain root using Odin 3.09, Odin 3.07, saferoot and Cf-Auto-Root multiple times. Now what happens is “Fail” on my recent attempts, whereas my earlier attempts (except my 1st attempt) all resulted in “Pass” with Odin but when the telephone booted there was no root.

Colchiro
[FONT=&quot]Your link is last edited 25 March 2014[/FONT][Jailbreak][Root][Recovery] No You Verizon -VRAMC3 --update 10MAY13 - xda-developers [FONT=&quot]OP says, “ NOTICE: This will not work on the latest firmware updates. Flashing will cause bootlooping and you will have to reload software” [/FONT]
Grab Saferoot exploit to root Verizon Galaxy S4 - also work on Galaxy S3 and Note 2 too | AndroMods
[FONT=&quot]Op also says: “Other devices? There is really nothing specific to the I545 or MJ7 in this root tool. There's a good chance it'll work on anything currently running 4.3. There is really nothing specific to the I545 or MJ7 in this root tool. There's a good chance it'll work on anything currently running 4.3.”[/FONT]
I’m not sure who said this: “ Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 (SCH-I545) that updated to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with software version I545VRUAMJ7. But unexpectedly, this exploit not only work for VZW variant of S4, but also working for other variants, including: AT&T, Sprint, even the international variants of S4."
I realize I have EMJ9 maybe that’s the difference. Dated December 12, 2013.
[FONT=&quot]Edited May 18, 2014 [ROOT] Saferoot: Root for VRUEMJ7, MK2, and Android 4.3 - xda-developers[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]This didn’t work for me (presumably because of a locked boot loader) but maybe it suggests there is still hope. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](Last edited by k1mu; 18th May 2014 at 11:59 PM.[/FONT]
Http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2565758

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones