Reboot FrequencyGeneral

Last Updated:

1. zetroc

zetroc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How often should one reboot the Incredible? Or is it necessary at all? Coming from BlackBerry, I would do a battery pull as often as once a day depending on amount of use. Is this at all necessary with the Incredible?

Advertisement
  2. SFBayArea

SFBayArea Well-Known Member

I would be interested in the same thing, coming from WinMobile phone I too would soft reset/reboot once a day. Does Android need to be rebooted? If so how often? Is there a soft reboot software that eliminates the need to power off and on the phone?

3. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Not needed or recommended to do battery pulls on Android. I restart about once every 2-3 days though, usually when I install/uninstall something. This isn't necessary either. Once you get your phone where you would like it (as far as apps and settings go) you really don't need to ever restart your android phone.

4. neggie

neggie Well-Known Member

i dont think so from what i got from the many brains in this forum is android is like a linux and does very well with app managment ext so i would say no . no need. i mean i know people say not to use task manager ( im using advanced task killer Free) which im trying to run tests ext with using it and not using it ext to post here so IMHO i say no need for reboot. anyone wanna chime in and verify
    thanks