Reboot loopGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Droid Panda

Droid Panda Active Member This Topic's Starter

i am having trouble with my droid eris with Plain JaneT2 v2.0 Rom i tried to flash a different rom and it said that .zip wasnt on my flash card, then when it went into reboot, but is stuck in a reboot loop. how can i fix this. than you in advance.

Advertisement
  2. copestag

copestag Well-Known Member

pull the battery.......... then after replacing the battery boot into recovery....... wipe everything......... flash another rom

3. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

You can also buy a microSD card reader for your computer and manually copy a flashable ROM to the SD while you have that battery out of the phone. Check the MD5 hash to make sure that the zip is completely downloaded.

4. Droid Panda

how do i check the hash again?

5. Droid Panda

ok i got a new rom flashed, and it was evil eris 4.0 but the buttons on the bottom dont lite up. like home, back. menu, and search. anyone know how to fix this?

6. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

Ha! You are revisiting the troubled past! (When custom ROMs first started coming out for the Eris, anything that was hardware specific to the Eris had trouble at one time or another; one of the first trouble spots was the backlighting of the softkeys.)

The easiest way to fix that is to use a more recent ROM. I could be mistaken, but I don't remember anybody issuing a standalone "patch" to fix that problem; it just got fixed inline with new releases. (Search for "softkeys" in the dev threads to be sure).

eu1

7. Droid Panda

what ROM do you suggest?

8. erisuser1

Hmmmm, I'm sort of guessing - if you want a 2.1 ROM, maybe xtrROM 4.2.1 ?

You should ask the folks here that have used both the 4.2 series and the 4.5 series (there might be reasons why you would prefer the 4.2 if you are looking for bugless behavior).

I haven't used a 2.1 ROM for some time now, and I never used those (yet), but the folks that have an allegiance to 2.1 ROMs seem to favor either xtrSense or xtrROM.

eu1

9. Droid Panda

ok i cant get it to run. i am not sure what i am doing wrong.

10. erisuser1

v4.2.1 of the xtrSense ROM is in the 2nd post of the v4.6 xtrSense thread; I see that zach.xtr pulled the 4.5 version.

(A lot of the devs keep a single thread for all ROMs of the same family, and update the title of the lead post as the version #s increase)

For the v4.2.1 of the xtrROM, click on the last link in the first post of the v4.6 xtrROM thread - you'll find the link to 4.2.1 xtrROM there.

You might want to make an inquiry on this board to see if anyone has used both the 4.2.1 release and 4.6 release and can offer comparisons (although, they've only been released for a day.)

eu1

11. erisuser1

What does "get it to run" mean?

Fails during the install in Amon_RA with an "E:" message in the installer window?

or,

Fails sometime during / after the booting?

eu1

12. Droid Panda

when i tell it to flash from Sd says there is no .zip file. but i know it is in there, i partition my sd card and everything and still dont work.

13. erisuser1

It only looks in the top-most folder of the SD card for .zip files; if they are any other place (for instance inside other sub-folders), it won't find them.

I would discourage you from "partitioning" your SD card, but if you have already done that, then don't worry about it (other than to make note of the fact that "partitioning" your SD card destroys all the information on the SD card), so you would have to put the ROM (.zip) file on there after partitioning.

14. Droid Panda

ok i got it up and running but now i have a new problem lol i cant get it to connect to mobile network. so it wont connect to like then internet or Google servers at all. how do i fix that? but when yo hold down the power button it says that the mobile network is on.

15. erisuser1

That sounds a bit like you did a "factory reset" when there was still a stock ROM on the phone (or maybe PlainJane), and the phone is not activated. Is that possible?

Try dialing *228 (If you can't get the keyboard to come up to "press 1", just do nothing and wait, and eventually the programming will go through).

16. Droid Panda

ok i just left it off for the night and now it is working. i am programming right now. thank you all for you help.

17. erisuser1

After you have used that ROM for a week or so, come back to AF and start a new thread where you give your impressions of what you like/don't like. That will help others who follow in your steps.

eu1

18. Droid Panda

ok i will do that, so far i think i like it. looks cool and runs fast.