Reboot SequenceSupport

Last Updated:

1. th3j3ster

th3j3ster Active Member This Topic's Starter

I may just be losing it, but is there a way to reboot the Epic via key combo? i.e. to reboot the iPhone you just continue to hold power, to reboot a blackberry you do crtl + right caps + delete...but there doesn't seem to be any way to reboot the epic and it is really, really annoying.

Been having this bug that Tasker is causing and I need to reboot the phone every morning, and I need to do it once I get away from my home wifi, so when I walk out of the building I have to keep fiddling with the on and off buttons while walking...long story short I would really like an easier way of doing a quick and easy reboot that doesn't require extra steps to turn the phone back on once I've turned it off :D

Advertisement
  2. jcheney10

jcheney10 Active Member

throwing it on the concrete will do the trick.

3. iBleedBlackNgold

iBleedBlackNgold Well-Known Member

I'm sure there its an app .. but I just long press the power button. .. wtf is tasker? I'd ditch it lol just for creating an issue

4. th3j3ster

tasker is an awesome app. It's the reason my phone battery is even usable. It won one of the ADC 2 awards. Basically it's automation software, toggle all kinds of settings, open/kill programs, set reminders, all of which can be triggered by locations, times, events in your calender, state/settings changes on your phone...and that isn't even scratching the surface of what it can do. It costs about 5 bucks...honestly for every setting I had to toggle/play with on a daily basis (e.g. gps, wifi) it has really saved me a lot of grief and battery life. Check it out, on the market.

Btw developer is awesome, answered one of my questions quite promptly via email. Others seem to have similar experiences with the software and the developer.

5. th3j3ster

Oh and btw the most recent tasker update (today) should have fixed that radio problem, but I haven't had time to test yet...also it would be nice to know how to reboot if there is such a way other than via an app

6. Smitty70

Smitty70 New Member

To reboot the Epic 4G:
    • Press Power, Volume Down and Camera simultaneously and hold
    • When the battery icon shows up on the display, release the buttons
    • A menu will be displayed and reboot now will be selected
    • Press the home key or tap the home icon and the phone will reboot

Takes about 15 seconds or so start to finish.