• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Reboot when exiting browser?

popularthinks

Jun 17, 2010
Hi All,

I've notice recently my Hero has been acting up, almost as if it is rebooting. However, I don't believe it is a full reboo, i.e. no sprint logo during boot.

Only occurs when exiting out from the internet browser. As soon as you hit the home screen to exit, the phone returns to the white htc load page. It appears like it is the full reboot but it does not move next to the Sprint/Now pages. Next the desktop appears but it is grayed out (i.e. my desktop still shows but grayed out, no icons or widgets showen) and the spinning loading icon shows up. Once it finishes loading things appear back to normal.

Almost makes me wonder if this reboot is more like sense rebooting and not the entire phone/system. Not sure if this is possible but I want to get anyone's thoughts and if anyone else had expirenced this.

Thank you

Has it always done this, and only after using the browser? I bet you are using a task killer that doesn't like sense.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Not using a task killer, never have.

Started well after the 2.1 update. I'm beginning to wonder if it has to do with an app I installed after the 2.1 update. Phone worked fine for a good month and a half before this problem started.

Upvote 0
Mines been doing that since 2.1 update..
Does it when hitting homer button from internet, google talk, and a few times after unplugging phone from charger and when ending a phone call.
Phone never rooted stock 2.1 update 1.
I know its not an app cause I didn't load any when I updated phone left it clean for a week and had this issue.
ALSO no task killer on phone ever.
I have tried hard and soft reset and doesn't change a thing still same problem

Upvote 0
What app was it?

Not actually sure if the app is the problem. I just downloaded a good handful of apps a little while after doing the 2.1 update. I just don't recall the phone doing this right after I did the update. I know it started sometime later, making me think something I did well after the update caused it to react this way. But if others are saying they are having the problem since updating to 2.1 maybe it is sense restarting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones