• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help rebooting for no reason

mikee286

May 28, 2012
My htc desire c has started randomly rebooting itself. It only seems to happen when the phone is in standby with the screen off. For instance it will be sitting on my desk and suddenly out of nowhere it will just reboot. I'll see the htc logo pop up and it will restart. Then it will prompt me if I want to send an error report to htc. I have done this numerous times with no effect. The resets are quite frequent sometimes up to 5 times a day.

I have factory reset it and this helped for a day then it started randomly rebooting.

I can't have my phone doing this because I could miss important calls

I am really not sure what to do now. I have googled around and all that turn up are unanswered threads on forums asking about this same problem

Thank you in advance

is there more than one version of htc desire c like for different countries? I got mine in canada and unlocked it and am currents using it on AT&T in the usa. will your kernel and rom work still and will any rom work that is for htc desire c?

I just don't want to brick my device or render the cell service on it useless like my old phone

EDIT: ok never mind all that posted crap i got it rooted if I use your kernel is there any way to back up the existing one if things go bad?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones