Rebooting or just turning off when droppedSupport

Last Updated:

1. SpaceFrank

SpaceFrank New Member

At first I thought my Commando was just rebooting randomly like others have described in this forum. I've since then realized it only happens when the phone gets shaken up or dropped.

The phone will almost certainly reboot if I drop it on the floor, which I discovered when I was showing it off. But it doesn't even have to be that hard of an impact. I once tossed it about two feet onto a folded up towel (on a counter, not the floor) before getting in the shower, and it didn't even reboot, just turned off. It actually took a couple minutes of fiddling before I could even get it to turn back on again.

A friend of mine noted similar problems with a different phone, and said that it probably meant the battery was somewhat loose inside the compartment. I've opened up the Commando's battery compartment to look at it, and I'm not really sure. I can see that there's nothing really holding the battery in place except the cover, but I don't know if it has enough room to move and separate the battery contacts.

Has anyone had the same problem? If it's related to the battery, how did you fix it? My friends said that using a thin shim of something nonflammable worked in his old phone.

2. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

Your friend is correct - sometimes a shim will help a semi loose battery stay where it belongs.
  3. ColtsWalker

ColtsWalker Well-Known Member

This particular phone should be less vulnerable to "lose battery" issues. It was designed to withstand some abuse ie being dropped.

I would seek warranty service. If it is not a lose battery, it could be a cold solder or lose power connection internally.

The battery in my Commando is very tight.
  4. tsp_2177

tsp_2177 Well-Known Member

Never had a problem with mine cutting off after being dropped, and mine has been dropped plenty of times lol