RebootingSupport

1. ashu7576

ashu7576 New Member

Hi everyone...i want to make query regarding HTC DESIRE.I m plannin to buy this phone bt i came to knw that there ar some problems regardin this phone.The main problem i came to knw that it get overheated nd restarts/reboots after every 5min when internet,mp3 or video is used.so plz tell me is this a major problem...shud i buy this phone bcoz i dnt want to get hurt after buyin such an expensive phone nd face problems like that.
    so plz help..
    i also want to knw the battery performance nd audio quality of speakers..thanx in advance :)

Advertisement
  2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

i've never heard of an issue with it rebooting every 5 mins.. who says it does this?

loudspeaker is a bit tinny.
  3. mbatson89

mbatson89 Well-Known Member

Never had an issue with the phone over-heating to the point it re-boots, it does get quite hot whilst charging and being used but has never caused me an issue. And for me, the speaker isn't really an issue as i don't play music through it.
  4. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

Never had any problems with my phone, personally i would advise anyone to buy one.
    Some people have complained about poor battery performance, but i often get between 2 & 4 days per charge.
  5. neilgarr

neilgarr Active Member

mine reboots 3/4 times a day, is practically unuseable with googlemaps as it reboots within 20 mins if on charge, its a known problem as shown on youtube etc. despite these issues would still recommend phone as its best ive ever had.
  6. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

I've reead about the issue, but never (before now) seen anyone report it on here. Mines fine. Odd reboot every now and again, like all smart phones (or otherwise) but thats it.
  7. mbatson89

mbatson89 Well-Known Member

Have you got a link for that youtube video of the problem? If yours is rebooting 3 or 4 times a day, get it replaced under warranty, clearly something wrong with the handset
  8. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

I think there was a link in a similar thread to this posted yesterday or the day before. Should only be a few of pages back at the most.
  9. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

only time i had a problem with a reboot here & there was with the first custom rom i used, don't get any reboots now unless i do them manually.
    Reboots in my opinion are either caused through a hardware fault or more usually a software coding problem
  10. tommy6791111

tommy6791111 New Member

pls read the forum, got some many ppls facing reboot, it is suck on the phnoe, someone send to htc service centre, and get motherboard replacement by htc. pls beware of unbranded and branded issue too. i got afew unit come in always rebbot only, after a while hang.this is confirm manufacture problem some kinds of hardware issue, if get hot on the temperature, certain degree, will keep reboot, and can hear the voice vibrator restart at its own