Reboots when charging

1. jzebrahockey

jzebrahockey Well-Known Member

I don't know why but whenever I have my phone plugged in and charging and I am using it, it randomly reboots. When I use it unplugged it doesn't reboot. I am running gingersteem extreme with the updated 2.2ghz kernel and the Gingerfusion 3.9. Any ideas as to why this would be happening? Thank you for your help.

Advertisement
  2. demarsjcd

demarsjcd Well-Known Member

do you use setcpu or rom toolbox to scale your cpu?
  3. juan12456

juan12456 Well-Known Member

This started happening to me to after i put the 2.2 oc kernel. and it doesnt boot back up, it keeps rebooting
  4. gbiggie

gbiggie La patience et le pardon Guide

Make sure which ever app you are using to set the kernel that "set at boot" is NOT checked. Your phone might not be able to stand the highest setting.
  5. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Well-Known Member

Yeah I was getting some reboots with the kernel also. Try setting the scaling to "on demand". at Least that what worked for me.
  6. jzebrahockey

I have SetCPU running and I do have rom manager pro but I never set it up to control my CPU. I went in and looked at it and it shows 1200/245. Do you think it could be causing an issue with setcpu? I have my max at 1200 and min at 245 for setcpu. Set on boot is not checked. Thanks again everyone for your input and help.
  7. demarsjcd

Yes it def. can be causing the problem. I had the same problem and by clearing all data and uninstalling rom manager it fixed the problem.
  8. jzebrahockey

Sorry rom toolbox pro not manager. So can I keep rom toolbox pro and just get rid of Setcpu? Is there much of a difference between the two or am I ok to just use that since I like the ability to change my fonts or boot animation or icons.
  9. intrdrgn

intrdrgn Well-Known Member

i have mine set @ 368 min, & 1900 max w/ondemand, & i also get reboot while charging. i did notice the battery temp. @ 41.0*C 105.8 *F.
  10. jzebrahockey

I looked at my temp and it was around 98*F so I don't think it was a temp thing for me. I uninstalled setcpu and the free rom toolbox and now I don't seem to have any more reboots. I will keep trying and let you know.
  11. gbiggie

gbiggie La patience et le pardon Guide

105.8 :confused::eek:

That is HOT!
    Mine was rebooting whenever it got over 94. I set to run at 576max 122min when charging( It needs the rest too sometimes) ;)
  12. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

I set mine to 368 and 1.7 non stop.

130 degrees is the "danger zone" according to this app that I had a while back that I cant remember the name of but it would alert you when you are in danger of overheating.
  13. demarsjcd

same here. Except mine's at about 1.8 1.9 depending how much multi tasking I'm doing. Currently at 114 F
  14. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Well-Known Member

Basically in setcpu you could create porfiles where you want the phone to automaticly be underclock or change speed at any given event, in rom toolbox you don't have that option. I use both tho.