Reboots with custom notification?Support

Last Updated:

1. BLK MAJK

BLK MAJK Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So...I am currently using a custom sound for my notifications. Since we aren't allowed to access the internal storage, the sound file is stored on the sd card by default. Today when I plugged my phone in (which is defaulted to USB Mass Storage) it started to play the sound from the card, but Mass Storage mode steals the SD and blocks it from the phone, so halfway through the sound, the phone rebooted. When the phone was almost restarted, it recognized being plugged in (still) and tried to play the sound again...reboot. I unplugged it and changed the default notification to one of the pre-installed ones and tried again. Notification played and everything was fine....wtf? So.....can I either disable the sound when I connect to USB mode or is there a way to put the sound file in the folder with the factory installed ones? (I am rooted) :confused:

Advertisement
  2. BLK MAJK

BLK MAJK Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

BUMP...anyone?

I tried converting the files to .ogg like the factory tones and placing them in the /system/media/audio/notifications folder with the others (I am rooted) and they show in root explorer that they are in the folder but they don't show up when trying to select my notification tone....lame

EDIT: After a reboot the sounds showed up in the /system/media/audio/notifications folder and I was able to select them to use as my notification. So I got it fixed....just in case anyone reads this...