Reccomend a car mount for Droids with Otterbox/BodyGlove cases

Last Updated:

1. WarMace

WarMace Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have a Otterbox Commuter case coming in the mail, and would like to get a horizontal car mount to compliment it. Knowing the Motorola mount will not fit...

Can anyone share horizontal car mount recommendations?

Advertisement
  2. JKaiz

JKaiz Well-Known Member

I don't know personally but just throwing an idea out there. Would the Sidieo horizontal mount fit (based solely on the fact that it also fits an after market case)
    Sorry if I wasn't any help.

3. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

The otterbox is thicker and has a rubber charging port cover so no it wouldn't fit the seido.

4. vbhokiefan

vbhokiefan Well-Known Member

Gripper Holder w/Adjustable Window Mount by: iGrip - iPodCarParts.com:

Xentris Wireless - Vehicle Windshield Mount for Mobile Devices - Black - 60-1941-01-BB

Both are pretty identical. The picture is wrong at Best Buy. They have the windshield mount and vent mount photos reversed.

I picked up the one at Best Buy for $20 cause I was headed out of town. I have the Seidio Innocase on my phone and refused to pay $50+s/h for a Seidio car mount. Surprised by the quality. Strong suction, stable hold, solid build. Speaker was blocked but I just flipped the holder and put the top of the the phone next to the support post so the speaker is not blocked. By leaving one of the support post closed, I still have access to the power button. And the power cord fits right up through the hole in the arm.

The only drawback (for some) on the second one is the lack of the magnet to put it in car mode, but I personally don't like that mode.

5. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Doubtful. The Seidio mount is designed to work with the Seidio Innocase. A generic mount like the ones above are probably the best bet if you're not getting a case and mount specifically designed to work together.

6. ghlancaster

ghlancaster Active Member