• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Received Deauthentication (wifi)?

kjarrett

Android Enthusiast
Apr 10, 2010
Running my DInc on my home wifi, recently changed the encryption from WEP to WPA/PSK. For some reason my phone keep dropping the wifi connection. I get this in the router log:

Wireless system with MAC address #deleted# disconnected for reason: Received Deauthentication

What might cause this? Phone was sitting here next to me a few feet from the router when it happened last.

Router: DLink DIR-655, 1.21 firmware, mixed g/n.

Thanks!

-kj-

I'm getting the same thing on my new Acer A500 Tablet with Android 3.1.

I didn't change the WEP, but every 2 weeks, I get Wireless system with MAC address #deleted# disconnected for reason: Received Deauthentication.

The only resolution seems to be a focatory reset of the tablet, then I have to reload EVERYTHING.

I have the same router: DLink DIR-655, 1.21 firmware, mixed g/n.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

-ChrisU65-

Upvote 0
@Iowa,

The 1.21 firmware is widely regarded to be the BEST firmware available for the DIR-655 and it's highly advisable NOT to change it.

@ChrisU65,

I solved this problem initially by setting up a guest network for my DInc running WiFi-G and the lowest level WEP encryption I could (40-bit?) - things improved greatly, though the problem was not completely resolved. You could (depending on a lot of factors) try an unsecured guest network but going with MAC address authentication instead (I personally wouldn't do that, though.)

Ultimately I ended up replacing the router with a DIR-665, which has no guest network, but has been working flawlessly, even with my Incredible 2. The problem seems to be resolved, as I have a constant connection on the DInc, but the DIR-665's logs are so much less informative that to be honest, I can't even tell.

At the end of the day I don't care about logs etc. as long as my Droid keeps and holds a good connection.

Hope this helps,

-kj-

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones