Received Deauthentication (wifi)?Support

Last Updated:

1. kjarrett

kjarrett Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Running my DInc on my home wifi, recently changed the encryption from WEP to WPA/PSK. For some reason my phone keep dropping the wifi connection. I get this in the router log:

Wireless system with MAC address #deleted# disconnected for reason: Received Deauthentication

What might cause this? Phone was sitting here next to me a few feet from the router when it happened last.

Router: DLink DIR-655, 1.21 firmware, mixed g/n.

Thanks!

-kj-

Advertisement
  2. ChrisU65

ChrisU65 New Member

I'm getting the same thing on my new Acer A500 Tablet with Android 3.1.

I didn't change the WEP, but every 2 weeks, I get Wireless system with MAC address #deleted# disconnected for reason: Received Deauthentication.

The only resolution seems to be a focatory reset of the tablet, then I have to reload EVERYTHING.

I have the same router: DLink DIR-655, 1.21 firmware, mixed g/n.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

-ChrisU65-

3. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

4. kjarrett

kjarrett Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

@Iowa,

The 1.21 firmware is widely regarded to be the BEST firmware available for the DIR-655 and it's highly advisable NOT to change it.

@ChrisU65,

I solved this problem initially by setting up a guest network for my DInc running WiFi-G and the lowest level WEP encryption I could (40-bit?) - things improved greatly, though the problem was not completely resolved. You could (depending on a lot of factors) try an unsecured guest network but going with MAC address authentication instead (I personally wouldn't do that, though.)

Ultimately I ended up replacing the router with a DIR-665, which has no guest network, but has been working flawlessly, even with my Incredible 2. The problem seems to be resolved, as I have a constant connection on the DInc, but the DIR-665's logs are so much less informative that to be honest, I can't even tell.

At the end of the day I don't care about logs etc. as long as my Droid keeps and holds a good connection.

Hope this helps,

-kj-