• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Received Email THREE times since activation??..??

labeledbass

Android Enthusiast
Jun 17, 2010
Ok, I have 2 accounts on my X - one is a Gmail that I rarely use, and the other is a hotmail account which is frequently used.

I'm coming from Black Berry and I kinda understand that the mail is delivered differently but ever since I set up my hotmail I've received 3 sets of the same messages, read or un-read. Now every time this has happened there has been 1 new unread message, so I assume its when my X syncs with the server. Is there something I can change, or should have done during setup? I'm using the stock email app.

Thank you in advance! this is really my only complaint so far with this nice phone and hope its my user error.

Do you have data push turned on for this account? That might be the problem. If the message isn't marked as read on the HotMail server, it may be pushing it again and again. Just use Fetching for the account and see if it helps. That's how my Hotmail account is set up, and I've had no problems.

App drawer / Messaging / your Hotmail Account (then)

Menu / Email Settings / Email delivery

Uncheck data push and set Fetch to whatever schedule you wish

Hope this helps

Upvote 0
Do you have data push turned on for this account? That might be the problem. If the message isn't marked as read on the HotMail server, it may be pushing it again and again. Just use Fetching for the account and see if it helps. That's how my Hotmail account is set up, and I've had no problems.

App drawer / Messaging / your Hotmail Account (then)

Menu / Email Settings / Email delivery

Uncheck data push and set Fetch to whatever schedule you wish

Hope this helps

Thank you for the help, these threads are getting berried fast.
My Hotmail is set up without PUSH
Fetch schedule is every 15 min (I changed it to 1 hour as of now)
Sync over Wifi only is not selected
Hotmail is my Default client

I logged onto hotmail last night and deleted all the messages that were reoccurring on my X, they weren't even marked as read. I DO remember my X apparently checking my Hotmail and stating there was a problem with the username/password so maybe I could delete and re-establish an account on the phone.

Anything else is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones