1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Received Text while phone is locked - how to get there easily???

1. hgfern

hgfern New Member

On my S2, when receiving a text - I got a swipe bar over the lock screen... swipe it to go directly to the text message. Now on the S4 - I can see the notification - but there is no shortcut to get directly to THAT message. Any ideas??

Advertisement
  2. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

Tap the message and a large square becomes highlighted at the bottom of the screen. Swype the square and that message will open up directly.

Or put a lockscreen shortcut to the messaging app and swype it's icon.
  3. jrowlings

jrowlings Well-Known Member

The problem I'm having with this is that when I swipe the lockscreen area (and not a shortcut) it goes to the shortcut app I last used. It won't go to the homescreen. This is annoying as it requires backing out of that app. Am I missing something?

Your first suggestion is interesting, but still several finger actions. I ended up going back to Handcent which has the lockscreen popup.