• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Received the 2.1 update OTA? Tell us your software info.

Firmware Version 2.1
Baseband Version 2.42.00.04.12
Kernel Version 2.6.29-8a03cb9a
htc-kernal@and18-2 #1
Build number 2.36.605.1 CL 165907 release-keys
Software number 2.36.605.1
Browser Version Webkit 3.1
PRI Version 2.11_002
PRL Version 51803
ERI Version 5

Is this the OTA 2.1? If so can you post it for all of us to have?

Upvote 0
Can some one explain what PRI, PRL, and ERI are.
All the items are the same compared to the 2.1.v3 except the PRL, mine has 51866.
and has anyone with a leak version had an OTA yet?

Specs for transmitting data (voice). PRL is the "Preferred Roaming List" and would be different among Verizon's roaming partners.

To my knowledge, leak users are not receiving the OTA yet; at least from what I'm reading.

Upvote 0
I was playing Replica Island.....phone vibrated as if I were getting an email notice, game just quit, phone went to homescreen and there was a notifier in the notification bar. It said there was a system update available. I clicked on it and began the installation procedure. It took at least 30 minutes to complete the download. Phone is snappier and seems to be smoother as well. Only thing that is a problem is the Htc Weather app is not working.....Other than that, I'm liking it ALOT :) BTW all my applications were in place, backed up with Astro. I had to sync contacts and calendar through Google.

Upvote 0
I was playing Replica Island.....phone vibrated as if I were getting an email notice, game just quit, phone went to homescreen and there was a notifier in the notification bar. It said there was a system update available. I clicked on it and began the installation procedure. It took at least 30 minutes to complete the download. Phone is snappier and seems to be smoother as well. Only thing that is a problem is the Htc Weather app is not working.....Other than that, I'm liking it ALOT :) BTW all my applications were in place, backed up with Astro. I had to sync contacts and calendar through Google.

Try turning on the Power Control widget and hitting the little circle-with-arrows 'sync' button. Oh, and make sure your mobile network is actually on.

Oh, post a review. A REVIEW I SAY!

Upvote 0

Did you have your 3g or Wi-Fi connection on?

Upvote 0
Try turning on the Power Control widget and hitting the little circle-with-arrows 'sync' button. Oh, and make sure your mobile network is actually on.

Oh, post a review. A REVIEW I SAY!

Thanks ScarcleyAware! Mobile Network is on, hit the sync button, no joy, weather app still a.w.l. I've done the *228 reprogramming......not a technical whiz here :)

Review
Pros:

Made and received a few calls this morning, no noticeable dialer lag
Tried out Navigation, it's way cool! Works great!
Easier to make calls by way of People app improvements
Love the ability to hit home button to get a look at all screens
Market is vastly improved
No lag when text messaging

Cons:

Signal strength is at 94dBm - ran at 84 dBm consistently before update
Only 1 bar - had 3 bars consistently before update
Weather App not working

Can't comment on battery life yet.....
Haven't tried Bluetooth yet....

I'm sure I will be discovering more about the update as the day goes on. But, so far so good :)

Upvote 0
Thanks ScarcleyAware! Mobile Network is on, hit the sync button, no joy, weather app still a.w.l. I've done the *228 reprogramming......not a technical whiz here :)

Review
Pros:

Made and received a few calls this morning, no noticeable dialer lag
Tried out Navigation, it's way cool! Works great!
Easier to make calls by way of People app improvements
Love the ability to hit home button to get a look at all screens
Market is vastly improved
No lag when text messaging

Cons:

Signal strength is at 94dBm - ran at 84 dBm consistently before update
Only 1 bar - had 3 bars consistently before update
Weather App not working

Can't comment on battery life yet.....
Haven't tried Bluetooth yet....

I'm sure I will be discovering more about the update as the day goes on. But, so far so good :)

Just making sure, but can you pinch-to-zoom in the Maps app now?
How's HTC keyboard's lag when in landscape mode (you know, when you text with two hands)

Upvote 0

This *MAY NOT* be relevant, concerning the weather app. When the OTA for the Incredible was pushed last week for some exchange issues/bug fixes my HTC Weather app did not work correctly for several hours (most of the day in fact) then it started working as it was supposed to. It could possibly be a similar issue, and if it is, then it is self correcting.

Reactions: BoBiGi
Upvote 0
I got it this morning. My hubby hasn't got it yet, not sure why. This is what mine says....hope this is what you are asking, I am not very tech savvy...
firmware version...2.1
baseband version...2.42.00.04.12
kernal version...2.6.29-8a03cb9a
htc-kernel@and18-2#1
(don't know why that was made blue and underlined)
build number...2.36.605.1 CL165907 release-keys
Software number...2.36.605.1
Browser version...WebKit 3.1
PRI Version...40062
ERI Version....5

I guess I can get a picture with my daughters Motorola desire and try to get it on here if it would make you feel better. I have no reason to say I got it if I didn't.

Upvote 0
I got it this morning. My hubby hasn't got it yet, not sure why. This is what mine says....hope this is what you are asking, I am not very tech savvy...
firmware version...2.1
baseband version...2.42.00.04.12
kernal version...2.6.29-8a03cb9a
htc-kernel@and18-2#1
(don't know why that was made blue and underlined)
build number...2.36.605.1 CL165907 release-keys
Software number...2.36.605.1
Browser version...WebKit 3.1
PRI Version...40062
ERI Version....5

I guess I can get a picture with my daughters Motorola desire and try to get it on here if it would make you feel better. I have no reason to say I got it if I didn't.

+1

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones