• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Received your replacement note? Post here!

Got my replacement last Tuesday. That was from Carphone Warehouse here in the UK. They secured 100 safe devices from Samsung.

Attachments

• 20160919_173839.jpg
    20160919_173839.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 188
Upvote 0
Got mine today. T-Mobile store where I bought the original, Cleveland Ohio area. They only had a blue or black and I had the silver. I chose blue, but I liked the silver more. Anyway, great experience, they told me to keep everything that came in the box with the original including the box itself....AWESOME extra everything!! Updating everything now for the next couple of hours....HAPPY HAPPY!

Upvote 0
Got mine today. T-Mobile store where I bought the original, Cleveland Ohio area. They only had a blue or black and I had the silver. I chose blue, but I liked the silver more. Anyway, great experience, they told me to keep everything that came in the box with the original including the box itself....AWESOME extra everything!! Updating everything now for the next couple of hours....HAPPY HAPPY!

Damn! My local store didn't have any. I'm actually waiting on a call back from a T-Mobile CS rep, by 5pm, that's supposed to give me an update. Worst case scenario, I'm hoping they'll expedite and ship one directly to me, so I won't have to hassle with the stores.

Upvote 0
What a cluster F! I called a few local T-mobiles near my work and home. Majority of them didn't have any inventory, but some did and just as mentioned above, only in black and blue. I guess I'll just have them ship me my silver one, so I won't have to call around to finally get my exchange unit.

Damn, That sucks!! Let me know how it turns out.

Upvote 0
Damn, That sucks!! Let me know how it turns out.

After speaking with a few different reps, I called my local store and spoke to a guy I've come to know well since I moved over to T-Mobile. He explained it more thoroughly without rushing. Basically, I was given a full credit for the Note 7, in anticipation of my being charged for the full price of the phone when my bill cycle refreshes. So, after speaking with him, I decided to hold off on getting a replacement right now. I still intend on getting a Note 7, but am gonna wait it out until price drops during the holidays. Plus, it saves me the hassle of having to track down a silver Note 7 today and will save me some money in the short term. I'll be okay rolling with my Mate 8 and Lumia 950 XL for now (especially because the Lumia 950 XL is dual SIM w/ a microSD slot!).

Reactions: major2112
Upvote 0
Exchanged my Note 7 on Sept 10 at Best Buy. They gave me a new s7 to use until the new Note was in, They put in an order for the new Note 7 on that day as well. I received my email yesterday to pick up the new Note. I went to Best Buy and exchanged phones without a problem and great customer service with our local Best Buy. The new Note 7 box did indeed have a black square in the lower corner of the label and after turning on the phone it prompted me to update which turned my battery indicator green. I love my Note!

Last edited:
Reactions: drexappeal
Upvote 0
Mine's in route with FedEx and says it'll arrive before 3pm today! Anyhow, the green battery will come in an update that you should have gotten yesterday or this morning. Google approved it.

Recieved update today, yes battery green.

After speaking with a few different reps, I called my local store and spoke to a guy I've come to know well since I moved over to T-Mobile. He explained it more thoroughly without rushing. Basically, I was given a full credit for the Note 7, in anticipation of my being charged for the full price of the phone when my bill cycle refreshes. So, after speaking with him, I decided to hold off on getting a replacement right now. I still intend on getting a Note 7, but am gonna wait it out until price drops during the holidays. Plus, it saves me the hassle of having to track down a silver Note 7 today and will save me some money in the short term. I'll be okay rolling with my Mate 8 and Lumia 950 XL for now (especially because the Lumia 950 XL is dual SIM w/ a microSD slot!).

Glad to hear it will work out. My problem/weakness is lack of patience. I want my silver one back....too late.

Upvote 0
Exchanged my Note 7 on Sept 10 at Best Buy. They gave me a new s7 to use until the new Note was in, They put in an order for the new Note 7 on that day as well. I received my email yesterday to pick up the new Note. I went to Best Buy and exchanged phones without a problem and great customer service with our local Best Buy. The new Note 7 box did indeed have a black square in the lower corner of the label and after turning on the phone it prompted me to update which turned my battery indicator green. I love my Note!

One of the things (and probably the only thing) I miss about being on Sprint was being able to do Best Buy mobile purchases. Last I spoke with a Best Buy Mobile rep, they mentioned that T-Mobile might potentially be back in Best Buy stores soon, but I took the info with a grain of salt. My experiences with Best Buy Mobile, over the years, were always fantastic. On top of that, the price matching process has always worked for me to get great upgrade deals w/ very little out of pocket.

Reactions: katzinms
Upvote 0
Good afternoon everyone, if you have received your replacement note please let us know. Please tell us your carrier and location (city and state). Maybe even include pictures of the box so we can know what to look for? Did you go to the store to get yours or was it mailed? How was your experience?
Hi all I received my new replacement yesterday at Best Buy in California from sprint and it came in a seal box like the one I got the first time with the screen protector

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones