Receiver Volume Amplifier app needed

1. blankname

blankname New Member

Got a new Samsung Captivate Glide, upgraded from a Samsung Blackjack (yeah... 2006). Calls with all the in-call volume at max are far too soft. I have tried what some have suggested and try to move the phone down a bit to hit that "sweet spot" but it is still way too soft to hear anyone in a public place that has a bit of background noise (like sidewalks, stores, ect). I have seen volume amplifiers (like Volume+) but none seem to do anything for the receiver. To make matters worse, most of the volume apps that do amplify volume on a phone are targeted at people listening to music, watching media or using a headset. I know the dangers in amplifying sound on anything (Got a huge home stereo with everything from Vinyl to 8-Track to CD's...). Trying to find one that works for the receiver. There has to be people out there that are hard of hearing or getting old that use a phone... that could use an app like this. (FYI my hearing is great, only 25). If anyone knows of an app or some other trick that may work or any odd thing (command line, custom code, custom ROM.... I am no stranger to working with code), that would be great. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Running 2.3.6

Advertisement