Receiving calls when listening to MP3's through headphones and phone on vibrate only.

Last Updated:

1. Bully74uk

Bully74uk Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I was cycling home from work listening to some music on my Desire through the headphones via Meridian music player.

During the trip home the music muted for 10 seconds or so and then re-started.

I checked the phone and noticed that I had a missed call. My phone was set to vibrate only. I didn't feel it vibrate in my pocket whilst cycling.

When ive listened listened to music before ive always heared some notification through the headphones when a call, text or email has come through but I can't be sure that the phone was on vibrate on these occasions.

Can anyone confirm that when using the headphones with the phone on vibrate you will not get an audible notification when a call, text or email comes through ?

If this is the case its a bit annoying because if its an email im happy to wait till I get home but if its a call I want to take it straight away. With no audible notification you have no way of knowing whats come through.

Advertisement
  2. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

I listen to music whilst having the phone on vibrate and get no notification. Instead the music cuts off for about 10 seconds, that's cue to pick up the phone!

3. Bully74uk

Thanks for confirming its the same but I don't want to have to stop cycling and pull the phone out of my pocket only to find its one of the many non-important emails I get every day !

So with the phone on vibrate there is no way to differentiate between a call, text or mail when using the headphones.

4. kboya

kboya Well-Known Member

unless your notification for text/email etc is the same length as that for calls, it is unlikely they will be the same...

have u tried testing it? send yourself an email and webtext while u have headphones & vibrate/silent?

5. Bully74uk

OK so you might get a 5 second mute for a text and email and a 10 second mute for a call, I'll try and remember that whilst im cycling home from work.

Don't think i'll bother testing it, easier to switch the ringer back on before I leave work and then I'll get the alert.