Receiving Duplicate Texts After Change in Messaging AppSupport

1. cytark

cytark Member

I am currently using a STOCK unrooted Sprint Galaxy SIII with Google Voice integration. After I changed text messaging apps: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.concentriclivers.mms.com.android.mms&hl=en

I started receiving two of each text that people would send me. I turned off notifications from the stock messaging app. However, the problem is that now, in both apps, I receive duplicate messages with each text.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!!

Advertisement
  2. XplosiV

XplosiV Master X is Watching You VIP Member

Meaning you get two duplicate message threads? Or one thread with duplicate messages within?

As well as turning off notifications for the stock sms app, you should be able to disable it within settings > applications > all tab > messaging

This may solve your issue.
  3. cytark

cytark Member

I receive duplicate messages within the same thread.

Moreover, I already did disable notifications for the stock SMS app in settings.
  4. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

In my experience, disabling stock messenger stops messages from bein recieved (this was with Go Launcher before they added the option)
    So test it but get someone else to text you b'coz texting yourself still works.
    Hope that makes sense lol.
    I spent a week thinkin i was friendless after disabling "messaging" app.
    If the Light Flow app works on your model, you could disable notifications on both apps and use LF for the notifications....
  5. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

Oops. Missed this post sorry.
    Do u get duplicate txts no matter who txts you? (It sounds like a network/carrier issue tbh)
  6. Louee6

Louee6 Member

Don't know if anyone experiences this, but I'll get a text from one person with there message and then receive and unknown text following from an unknown sender with a blank text field. I'm on AT&T. Does anyone else have this problem and if so, is there a fix?
  7. cytark

cytark Member

It happens to me no matter who texts me.

However, once I uninstall the alternative text messaging app, the problem goes away. Is there any fix you guys know of?