• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help receiving email (GMAIL) on DroidX

dsang22

Jul 19, 2010
Hi All. I have two email accounts linked to the Droid X. The primary is set to receive new emails every 15mins.

Is this option available to secondary email accounts? My gmail account is hooked up to the Droid but it will not tell me if there are any messages without hitting the refresh button. Is there a way to receive emails periodically? I am having the same issue with sending. I can send an email on my gmail but it wont send until i hit refresh.

thanks in advance

None of my accounts where syncing. I had to refresh to send or receive. This is what did to fix it.

goto inbox in gmail
menu button > accounts > menu button > account settings > auto-sync

If that doesn't work you can try this from your home screen
menu > settings > applications > manage applications > menu button > filter > all
Now scroll down and find Gmail and Gmail Storage
For both of these do a Clear Data

That did not work for me and my problem but it did not mess anything up and it does seem to help with some issues.

Reactions: llamakc and kiddka
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones