Receiving multiple copies of the same SMS? HELP!Support

Last Updated:

1. wesc011

wesc011 Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone,

So yesterday I noticed that I would occasionally receive multiples of the same text message. It started out only being once or twice, but it has increased in frequency. Today, I reset my phone with Odin3 and installed SRE 1.2.2a. Also, I added the lag fix. Unfortunately after ressetting, I am still experiencing the same problem. I thought it was an issue with handcent, so I switched to chompSMS and the same thing is happening. Most recently, I have received the same text message 7 times, and it was originally sent an hour ago. The odd thing is that each copy that is sent to me shows the ORIGINAL send time, so its something on my end that is going wrong.

For the record I have notifications only turned on for one SMS client at a time, so thats not an issue. i have toyed around with my sms settings and everything but for some reason I still am getting this problem. anyone have any help?

UPDATE: Texted myself 30 minutes ago and have gotten 4 repeat messages since then....wtf?

Advertisement
  2. plummy

plummy Active Member

I would call AT&T. Most likely something isn't registering with their system that your device has received the text and continues to keep it as new and your phone thinks it's a new message.

This happened to me and a friend a couple years ago on AT&T. It eventually worked itself out over a week, but when you'd get a dozen-plus text messages of all the same message sent to you over the next 24 hours, it got annoying as hell.

3. mttfrog13

mttfrog13 Well-Known Member

This happens to me when a message is sent to me when i have no message and then i get signal again.

4. skembeth24

skembeth24 New Member

this is happening to me too and i don't know why!

5. FlawedLegacy

FlawedLegacy Member

any resolution to this yet? I have been receiving texts between 4 and 30! times of the same text.... is it the carrier (ATT)? Several people have reported rec'ing my text replies several times as well. Have uninstalled Handcent SMS as well as completely wiped the phone as well, no change.

6. ubuntujason

ubuntujason New Member

hey all~
    i'm new here [and oh it's Christmas day 2010, so merry Christmas]
    i'm having the same exact problem. tried uninstalling software and reinstalling ... tinkered w/settings ... i got the same text msg no less then 50 times today ... crazy

anyone have a solution that doesn't include calling AT&T over the holiday weekend?
    ~j