Receiving/sending picturesSupport

Last Updated: 2013-06-10 00:58:34
  1. Nick.Doyle09

Nick.Doyle09 Member

Hey all.

So I recently rooted my phone DINC to CM7. Before I get started, I should say that I have a data plan but its only 150 mb (before Verizon changed their plans) so I don't use my data except when I'm lost and need to turn it on to use the Maps app--I am always on Wifi or nothing at all. Before rooting, I could send pictures with WiFi on (GoSMS) and the 3g icon would appear in the notification bar, then disappear when i received/sent an mms and return to Wifi. Now, when I send a picture, I have to keep the "Data enabled" option on (Settings>wireless and networks>mobile networks>). The problem is, if I leave my Wifi signal (i.e. my apartment), 3g kicks on, wasting data, until I manually turn it off. Except once my mobile data is off, I can't receive picture messages until it has been turned back on again. Before rooting, I didn't have to do this. It was turned on automatically when I got a picture and then turned off once it was received. How do I fix this problem?

Advertisement
  2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

think it does the same thing on all CM versions (looks like it has been fixed in CM 10.1), you may have to switch to a sense based rom.

there is a few threads over at xda about CM lacking the ability, this is one of the better ones:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1850749