Receiving texts when phone is offGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Illmakeyoulaugh2

Illmakeyoulaugh2 New Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone had a problem with receiving text messages when the phone is off? My phone was turned off and a friend said she'd texted me and I never received anything. Any thoughts? Thanks!!

Advertisement
  2. DarthSkirata

DarthSkirata Member

Typically, this is due to network issues rather than anything phone related. When someone sends you a text message and your phone is turned off, the message basically waits in a switch near where your phone was last seen on the network until your phone pops back up. Sometimes if you come back onto the network near a different switch or if there is a lot of network congestion (like on AT&T in a major urban center), the message will never get to you because the network resources are busy doing other things. In effect, it "forgets" about the message it has waiting for you.

3. andrew8806

andrew8806 Well-Known Member

Check your settings.... especially if its the native messages app... it really blows... :D Otherwise Handcent SMS would be the way to go... if you don't wanna use an alternate SMS... download the app SMS Popup... you won't be disapointed.. ;)