Receiving the same sms repeatedly for daysGeneral

Last Updated:

1. MoragToerag

MoragToerag New Member

My Samsung Galaxy 551 has started receiving the same SMS repeatedly, for days on end. I have only had it for a couple of months and it's been fine up till a couple of weeks ago. The senders are on different networks (as far as i know), and I have tried deleting the entire message thread with no result. The same SMS just keeps coming. I am on a Virgin pay monthly, btw. Have wondered if rooting the phone would solve this, or has anyone else found a solution? many thanks!

Advertisement
  2. tanct509

tanct509 New Member

I also having the same problem, two weeks ago I received same sms from two friends repeatly. I swap my SIM card to another phone. After that same SMS came in (once). It stop. After that I swap it back to the Samsung Galaxy 551. The problem goes away. After two weeks, the same problem happen again. The same SMS came from the same two persons from their last SMS to me. I still receiving SMS from other friend without getting repeated SMS.

Can anyone advice me?
  3. karandpr

karandpr Well-Known Member

Well if you are receiving it twice ,there is a way out.If you use Handcent then uninstall handcent and get another app like chomp.
    If not then-
    You will need to root phone and replace the messaging apps extension of apk to bak.I think mms.apk is the messaging app.On a safe side you should know to hard reset you phone and flash a firmware because ,I cant guarantee the result.:confused:
  4. karandpr

karandpr Well-Known Member

Oh yeah after renaming the apk.You can either install a custom mms.apk or use app like handcent or chomp to send/receive message.This method is tricky .
    In a rooted phone ,in terminal Emulator
    type
    $su
    # mount remount/rw /system
    #mv /system/app/mms.apk /system/app/mms.apk.bak

Job done

now if you have custom mms.apk in sd card
    then
    #cp /sdcard/mms.apk /system/app/mms.apk
    Job done
    :cool: