Receiving Weird message

Last Updated:

1. tcuk31

tcuk31 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hoping somone here can help.

I keep receiving a message from one of two numbers that i dont know. They always say KEEP THIS MESSAGE and then gives a IMEI number which is always the same.
    I dont want to reply to it and i just delete it but it is getting annoying now. Have installed Lookout but says my phone is clean.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. matttye

matttye Well-Known Member

Ring your service provider and ask them to block messages from those numbers.

3. Steve_S_T

Steve_S_T Well-Known Member

Since having my Desire I get a blank message from an anonymous sender every day or two. Anyone know what that is (Orange UK)?

4. Phenomenological

Phenomenological Well-Known Member

Yea it's a random Orange occurrence I think, normally happens when you restart the phone I believe. Just delete it!

DCFC79 likes this.
  5. Steve_S_T

Steve_S_T Well-Known Member

Thinking about it I don't recall having one since de-branding on Wednesday, so it seems as though it's linked to the Orange "junk software" on the handset rather than the mobile phone account. Another good reason to de-brand then.

6. tef89

tef89 Well-Known Member

Anonymous messages are usually sms stored on the Sim card (these are things like the Orange Voicemail notifcation) - go into the standard messaging app and 'manage sim card messages'.

Every time you reboot the phone automatically restores them to the messaging app - it's another one of those weird quirks of the Desire.

Eris Ed likes this.
  7. StevenSeed

StevenSeed Well-Known Member

That's why I like the phone - it has a soul! Unlike those clinical, lifeless Apple things... :)