Receiving weird text messages.Support

Last Updated:

1. Darebrokenheart

Darebrokenheart Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

During the first couple of weeks, back in June, when I received my Incredible I was receiving text messages from the same individual or something whom I don't know. The messages looked like this: 4756://BREW:0108f3d4:GCD. After a while I stopped receiving them. Now tonight I recieved another one. Does anybody know anything about this or has anyone else received these messages?:confused:

Advertisement
    lilmissdarcy likes this.
  2. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

I think one of the security programs (Lookout........) does that..... do a search of the forum and I think you can find out what program does that

3. Darebrokenheart

I just searched the forum. It is a glitch from me upgrading from my previous phone that ran brew apps such as mobile email, vcast, vz navigator. I will call verizon tomorrow to get this straightened out.

4. potterdood

potterdood Well-Known Member

I get the same text and it's annoying, I haven't done anything about it yet, just get them at random times throughout the day.

5. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

I remember that thread. Pretty sure you can text back "stop" and they should stop.

6. Darebrokenheart

Well this thread should be taken off since there was already one in the troubleshooting forum.