Recent Hero Mounting Problems

Last Updated:

1. Scorp63

Scorp63 Member This Topic's Starter

Feb 7, 2010
    Hello! I tried googling this but it was to of no avail. Anyway, I used to be able to put music on my Hero easily. I know how to do it, but it's acting funky now. Upon connecting my Hero to the computer with the USB, I hit "mount", but it says "Turn off USB storage" in the notification bar. Then it says "Select here to turn it off. Well, I hit "Turn Off" then, and then the notification bar saying "Preparing SD Card". From then, I try mountaing again, and it says to turn off the USB storage again.

And while toying with it during writing this, I was actually able to put my music back onto my SD card, even though it wasn't mounted, which doesn't exactly make me feel happy/safe, but I managed it.

Anyway, anyway (whoa) to get to mount again?
    Sidenote: I have used Astro File Manager, but only to make back-up files, which I had deleted post-this problem to try and fix it.
    But yeah.

2. egomaster

egomaster Active Member

Nov 25, 2009
    I have the same issue when trying to read the sd card on the computer. The computer does not read the sd card and the phone does not switch to mount or charge.