Recent Problems - HELP!Support

Last Updated:

1. chot99

chot99 New Member This Topic's Starter

Three issues have recently popped up for me and I was wondering if they have happened to anyone else or if anyone had suggestions:

1. I have a constant notification that my phone storage space is getting low. When I check the storage space in the settings I have 1.71GB of 1.84GB available on the SD Card, 6.48GB of 6.60GB available on the internal storage, and 678MB of 748MB available memory. Doesn't seem low to me!

2. On June 22nd I received my last gmail to my phone. It has completely stopped syncing my gmail. I can't even press "refresh" to get my new mail.

3. I CANNOT open Google Talk. I press the icon, there is a quick flash as if it is opening, then it sends me back to my home screen.

I have tried turning off the phone and back on. I tried taking the battery out. Nothing is working. I am trying to avoid doing a factory reset.

Has anyone else ran into this problem? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

Advertisement
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Considering the short time you've had your phone, it may make sense to do a factory reset (hard reset) rather than going through the trouble shooting for 1 and 2. I have no idea about #3, so my recommendation would be to just start fresh.

3. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Well-Known Member

Did you try going into the "manage" apps under settings and clearing the data cache's?

When I and trouble once all I did was clear the cache for the app AND the storage app, that fixed the issue...

as far as google talk, trying uninstalling it and re-installing..

4. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

I would also make sure Background data and Auto-sync are turned on in menu > settings > Accounts & sync.

5. chot99

Hmm.. Background Data and Auto-sync are turned on. And the Clear Cache buttons are grayed out and I can't press them.

I'll check out a few more replies and maybe just do a hard reset.

6. somdfish

somdfish New Member

I just posted on this issue - but my phone eventually ended up looping on the reboot and had to be replaced.

7. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

If you have another SD card, pull the battery and install the new card then see if the problem persists. If you don't have another card, pull the files off your current card and onto your PC, then reformat the card and give that a shot. Just an idea before you hard reset. You can always drag the files back onto your card later.

8. chot99

No luck with the SD card.

One other thing that is happening, FriendStream is completely shot. It wont update in the widget and when I go open the actual application it just forces close.

9. chot99

What exactly were the issues you were having? What else did you try?

10. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

He only has two posts, lol. Not too hard to find ;-)

11. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

I'm guessing an app conflict then. If you have any 3rd party task killers or power management apps, I'd start there.