Recent updateSupport

Last Updated:

1. garytheanimal

garytheanimal Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Dont know if anyone else is having this but after the update when i call someone now this is what i have to go through;

1. Unlock the phone by swipe and pattern lock
    2. Select Phonebook, Favourites (for example), Select contact
    3. Press the desired number
    4. Then instead of it just ringing them as it used to i know have to
    5. Press the call button

My point is that i have to press 5 buttons just to call someone in my favourites, in the old days before the update number 5 wasn't needed, the number appears now as though you want to edit it and it didn't prior to the update, i like the phone but its little niggling things like this that get right on my nipple ends. Add this to the issue i'm having downloading things in Market and my X10 is going to be quickly replaced by dare-i-say.....an iPhone 4?

Advertisement
  2. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

The download from market thing isn't X10's fault its google's fault apparently. If you clear your data and cache from all google apps and create a new account it solves it (altho not sure about purchased apps!)

I use Gesuture swype or Mecontacts for calling, both from the market, but if you can't access it your are a bit stuffed.

Get your elastic band ready for the iphone!!

3. garytheanimal

I'll give one of the apps you mentioned a go, if i can ever get back on with Market. I was just about to clear everything you mentioned the other day, but just as i did it started working again!

What do you mean by elastic band? I had a 3GS prior to the X10 and loved it, dont know why i swapped actually.

4. garytheanimal

The clearing you're talking about, does it clear all the texts and phone numbers stored too? and if not, how do i do it?
    Thanks for your help.

5. rosered

I haven't done it and I can't get on the thread that described it altho I think its lost all the useful posts with this last batch of forum updating thats been going on this last weekend.

This thread on XDA I had also linked to it but the last poster says what he cleared so I will link back to that.

I know a lady on SE forum used it with success after I had linked that too.

6. garytheanimal

I'm getting a 'no thread specified' when i click on that link. Dont really fancy doing it if it means having to input all my contacts again with the pictures and ringtones, took me ages first time around. That said if i have then i have to i suppose.

7. rosered